And strangers again

POV Y/n

"Feeling better?"

"Yes, thanks again"

"No problem, but if you apologize one more time I won't be so helpful next time".

"I don't believe you"

"Wanna bet?"

I just laughed and leaned back against the bedpost. We've already eaten the apple and potato for dinner. I played with the lid of the water bottle and looked at 067 in front of me.

"What's your name, anyway?"
She did not answer me and tried to avoid eye contact.

"Oh come on, I told you my name, it's only fair that you tell me yours too".

"Since when has anything been fair?"

"Don't be a killjoy 067, I'm serious. Besides, it's most likely that I won't win this game anyway. What's the difference in telling me your name?"

"Please don't say that"
Now I was confused.

"What, that you're a killjoy-"

"No, that you won't win this game," finally she looked at me again, "Y/n I just don't want any unnecessary hope! Shit, I didn't want to have anything to do with you, because I know exactly that you... I don't want to lose another friend in this game!"

Friend? Wow, for the first time someone called me that. But I understood her.

"This game is not a place to make friends or more. Only one comes out of this game"

More and more question marks appeared in my mind because of 067. I wanted so much to know who she was, what her life used to be, and what had changed after her victory. And what happened in the game that destroyed her heart like that.

"I understand you 067. Look, I lost two people in the game. Sure it completely destroyed me but you know what? I'm so thankful I got the opportunity to meet those two people and be in the game with them. We were a great team, even though we knew only one would make it. I just want to enjoy every second and every breath I have left."

"Listen, I wanted to talk to you about..."

"I hate to interrupt you but I don't want there to be any stress between us. It's been really great having you as an ally, even if for a very short time."

I stood up and held out my hand. She looked at me, confused but with an emotionless expression.

"What are you doing?"

"Saying goodbye. Well not really goodbye, more like „leaving you alone" goodbye. Thanks again for your help 067, it was really nice."

"Kang Sae Byeok," she grabbed my hand and I smiled gently.

"Nice name. Then see you tomorrow for the next game".

I turned around and walked down the stairs towards the bathroom. I clearly felt ther gaze on my back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived in the bathroom silent tears already ran. No idea why I was crying quietly now. What is this girl doing to me?
It's so amazing how the bond of two people can simply be destroyed within a few minutes or hours.
And that with just one sentence.
I wish I hadn't asked about her name.
But... I also didn't want to make it unnecessarily difficult for her.
We'll see how the game goes.

"Well, well, 066, this time your friend isn't here to protect you huh? You two little girls had a fight or what?"

I would recognize 013's voice anywhere by now.

"What do you want bastard?"

"The money, and for that, I need your life. I won't ask for it twice"

„Dream about it"

„Bring it on, it would be lovely to see you being burried in that black coffin", he drew out a little pocket knife.

„Where do you have that?"

„That's none of your bussiness bitch. Besides, who cares? With this, it's easier to kill you", two other well built men appeared behind him.

I am totally screwed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV Kang Sae Byeok

This girl makes me really crazy. But at least she had understood my "problem" and didn't made a big deal of it. Honestly? Her absence hurt. That's the mistake I started, so I had to get over her quickly. We knew each other for 2 or 3 days and I was already calling her a friend.
But I had no problem with it, it was nice to have called her that and I noticed that she liked it too.

I had meant my apology, really, she just made it so hard for me not to want to get closer to her. I have to pull myself together again now, but how?

The big door slid open and the guards came in carrying... the black coffin with the pink bow. They set it down and went through the side door towards the bathroom. Why, no one had died, right?

And then it hit me.

Y/n.

She went there last.

No...no no no.

No, this can't be true...what have I done?!