Running

The week that Michael stayed with Tubbo and Tommy passed faster than any of them hoped and before they knew it, they were all sneaking back into Snow Chester to take Michael home. Of course not without a few pictures of all of them, or Michael and Tommy, and of course those cookies.

Tommy and Tubbo decided to go back down to the Egg and check-in since they weren't there for the week they had Michael. Of course, Techno told the Eggpire why they would be gone and when they would be back though, in exchange for one of Michaels cookies.

"We're back!" Tommy shouted, he and Tubbo both hopping down the STILL NOT FIXED STAIRS.

Bad was sitting near the Egg, Ant sleeping on his lap all curled up because it's fun to inconvenience people.

"Welcome back." He said, "How was Michael?"

Tubbo led Tommy over to the Egg and sat down across from Bad. "He's pretty good. No doubt he'll be in a good mood when Ranboo finds him."

Bad smiled, "That's good to hear."

Tommy looked over the Egg, "Hey? Where's Phil?"

"He's back with Techno. You just missed him." Bad laughed.

"Damn." Tommy mumbled, "What about Wilbur?"

Bad physically tensed and hissed through his teeth, "Yeah, about that."

Tommy and Tubbo looked around the Egg and quickly realized the absence of Wilbur.

"He got out, kinda."

Tubbo frowned slightly, "What do you mean 'Kinda'?"

Before Bad answered, Ant woke up. Stretching himself out and yawning before quickly saying hi and bye to the three since he's still got a boyfriend at his house.

Bad, not being rude, waited for Ant to say his goodbyes before starting to talk again, "He got away but looked like he was half infected."

Tommy and Tubbo both seemed to get the same idea at the same time and suddenly becoming siamese twins because they're both nerds. "So he might be with us but he also might not." They both said, not showing any signs that this isn't uncommon for this to happen.

Bad was slightly unnerved by the two but decided to ignore it. "Yeah, he got out just a few hours ago. I fell asleep for a few hours so he probably got out during that. My bad." he said, apologizing.

-

Wilbur didn't know where he was going. He hadn't been on the server for years. He just ran in a general direction that wasn't in the direction of that goddamn Egg.

By now his legs hurt, he hadn't had to run this far for years since he's been trapped in a small, confining train station. But he didn't stop. He wouldn't stop until he knew he was safe. But where could that be? He didn't know how long he's been gone from here, and he didn't know where anyone was or even where their loyalties lie. He wasn't safe with people, so where could he go?

Lost in thought, Wilbur didn't realize he actually ran to the old ruins of Pogtopia.

Snapping out of his spiral, Wilbur stepped into the crumpled dirt entrance, looking around at the barely touched chests that used to lay just behind a secret dirt door.

Walking down the stairs, Wilbur ended up in a large underground ravine. Buttons littered the wall all the way up to where the stairs started. Old lamps still dimly glowed, barely holding onto their chains that held them onto the ceiling. Old crafting tables and furnaces all shoved into a random corner. Even Technoblades Potato garden, still thriving.

Wilbur looked into the farm chests and grabbed a leftover stack of (somehow still good) baked potatoes before eating a few.

The next few hours were spent cleaning up the ravine. Fixing the lanterns, harvesting and replanting the potatoes, fixing the secret dirt door, he even found some old diamond tools.

By now it was night. There was no longer any threat of lanterns falling or someone walking in on him, so Wilbur finally relaxed. He couldn't find a bed and ended up leaning on a small section of a stone wall that wasn't covered in multicolored buttons.

Wilburs back hit the stone with a hard thump. He stayed like that for a few minutes, zoning out and staring ahead of him.

Finally zoning back in, Wilbur's head hit the stone and the sound of him sliding down the wall echoed through the ravine. And he stayed there. Curled up, and trying to not give in to the breakdown that was so very close to the surface.

Wilbur did not sleep that night.