chapter 3

My peaceful sleep broke with the sound of my phone ringing I groaned and received the call and all I heard was Alice's screeching super excited voice on the other end telling me to get up it was august 6 just one day left for the charity dance competition. I hung up on her with just four words 'let me sleep please' and went back to my dream world. life was going smoothly and I had finally settled after my parents had moved back to Australia.

this time I woke up as the first rays of the sun touched my face it was already noon, I got up and walked towards my bedroom window to gaze at the ever so rare sun which was shining proudly today. my room was a messy place with a rocking chair and a bean bag from my childhood. I made an attempt to clean my room but gave up quickly as the thought of hot water relaxing my back was way too inviting.

I stood starring in the bathroom mirror thinking about my currently the-way-I-want-it life, I had Alice one person I knew would not leave my side, I had my friends who cared a lot about me, the opposite sex saw something in me though I dint, I was too simple I was just me. after a very long time my life was heading into a healthy direction and I was glad!

*******

"Alice Alice Alice" I was jumping with enthusiasm. I had never been so worked up before "it's here it's here it's here" I screamed in her ear. the charity dance competition was here and I was one of the contestants this time. if I could pull this off I could probably be holding a scholarship to the best dance schools in the world.