➳26

She's runnin' through my mind all day~

June just started which meant that only a few days were left for summer to come

June just started which meant that only a few days were left for summer to come. The sun was shining brightly as birds were taking rest in their nests. The afternoon sky was cocktail-blue. White, fluffy clouds were latched to the unending sky. It was a calm afternoon as the students were either busy in their respective classes or just gossiping with their friends. Some were spending a relaxing time alone like Kiara in the natatorium. If she had to choose her favourite place in the whole university, it would definitely be the swimming hall. The hall was cooler than the outside. She was humming to herself when she heard someone saying, "Hey!" She snapped at that direction, recognizing the familiar male voice and greeted him with a big smile. "Mork!"

The older boy sat beside her, where he usually used to sit. This time he didn't say anything when the girl called him that.

"I missed you."

Mark looked at her- feeling something fluttering inside him hearing those words from her. "Hmm?"

"I mean here. I missed you here. You didn't come here for so many days now."

"You used to come here everyday?"

"Yeah. I was waiting for you but you never came. But today you did." That time also, that same smile was plastered on her face.

Mark flashed a small smile and said, "I was scared to come here. But don't worry I'm fine now."

She nodded and put off her shoes and dipped her pair of bare legs into the cold water and splashed the water with her legs. "Wanna try?"

"Me? Uhh no." He waved his both hands and shook his head as a 'no'.

"It's ok. When you will be ready, we will do this together."

Mark looked into her brown orbs.

"Let me help you, Mark. Let me help you to overcome your fear." She looked at him with pleading eyes.

"You think I can overcome this fear?"

She nodded her head with a small smile.

"But I have already gave up after the recent incident", he spoke with a sad chuckle.

Kiara grabbed his hand which was on his thigh and squeezed it lightly. "I understand Mark. I won't force you. Just remember if you ever want my help, I'm always available for you."

Because of these small reasons, Mark was becoming soft for her. He just can't help his beating heart. "Thank you."

A comfortable silence broke out between them as the two students were enjoying each other's presence.