1.01 | THE BEGINNING

50 years later...

♚✭♛

People in the court made way for her as she walked with her head high and shoulders pushed back and a deadly smile which was enough to scare grown warriors. Her steps halted as she stood before the throne where the Hybern's commander sat and looked down on Aadya as she was nothing more than a peasant. The sack at Aadya's started dripping as she placed it at Amarantha's feet.

"Lord Tristan's head as requested," she said as she dipped her head a little making Amarantha's lips twitch in the corners. Amarantha idely waved her at the High Lord of the Night Court who was seaten below her and had his eyes solely focused on Aadya. Aadya tried her best not to flinch when his fingers slowly caressed her cheek. Only then did she turn her eyes to Rhysand who wore a arrongant smile that could rival her own as he tucked a stranded hair behind her ear.

"Your work here is done. You may return to the spring court," Amarantha ordered as they both broke their stare from eachother. However before Aadya could leave Amarantha's chilling voice stopped her, "forgetting something?" She mocked as she raised her right hand as a signal for Aadya to kiss it. Stepping away from Rhysand, Aadya made her way to the hybern commander before letting a sly smirk graze her pale face.

Amarantha yelled as burning heat spread through her arm which was still in Aadya's grip as she placed an innocent kiss on the back of her hand before slowly whipering in Amarantha's ear, "I am going to kill you one day. Until we meet again" was all she said before looking in Amarantha's eyes a silent promise on her threat. She certainly didn't miss the hateful glare the commander sent her or the small prideful smile that adorned Rhysand's lips as she winnowed back to spring court.

♚✭♛

The estate was silent when she entered it. She took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the estate. The grounds were encased by woods, but stretched far till the distant line of the forest. The garden which she walked, following a gravel path to the main doors of the house, seemed hushed and sleeping. The doors swung open for her on silent hinges, as she walked inside.

The two familiar voices arguing was what she was welcomed with. The golden haired man was the first to notice her lingering in the threshold before his red haired companion did. The three of them watched eachother for what felt like eternity before the High Lord of Spring court spoke, "Andras is dead," sorrow and guilt entering his face before vanishing

"Oh?"

Was all she said nonchalantly before pushing of the wall and entered the hall, fully aware of the two pair of eyes following her every movement. She settled in a chair with her legs raised to the table as she turned towards the males in the room, "Well let's not waste our time by pretending to be shocked," she declared as Lucien let out a short laugh as he went over and ruffled her hair gaining him a pout in return.

Tamlin shook his head in expaseration but a small sad smile lingered behind the mask watching his two friends goof around with eachother. Lucien and Aadya bid their good lucks and good byes to Tamlin who turned into his beast form and set out to find Andras' killer.

Lucien then turned towards the brunette who was in a trance watching the dried blood beneath her nails. Her trance was broken when Lucien silently cleaned off her hands with a wet cloth as she slowly murmmered, "I burned her hand" hearing this Lucien smile behind his mask as the two friends silently rejoiced in her small victory.

It was hours later when she heard the demanding voice of Lucien questioning who she knew as Tamlin," Is Andras dead, then?" she didn't hear the rest of it as she walked down the steps to the dining hall to see a fragile looking human sitting in one of the chairs watching Tamlin and Lucien argue, "How?"Lucien demanded, his knuckles white as he gripped his muscled arms.

"An ash arrow," Tamlin said as Lucien hissed. "The treaty's summons led me to the mortal. I gave her safe haven."

"A girl--a mortal girl actually killed Andras." Aadya deadpanned as she made her presence known. Feyre jumped back at the sudden voice that was filled with venom as she watched the brunette haired woman, who looked otherworldly strutted into the dining hall and took a seat in her opposite side of her, "And the summons found the girl responsible."

Tamlin gave a low, bitter laugh and pointed at the human."The treaty's magic brought me right to her doorstep."

Lucien whirled with fluid grace, as he fixed it on the human. He sniffed once, his lips curling a bit to reveal straight white teeth, and then he turned towards Tamlin."You're joking," he said quietly. "That scrawny thing brought down Andras with a single arrow?"

Aadya smirked as she watched the human girl curled her fists before loosening it. "She admitted to it," Tamlin said tightly, tracing the rim of his goblet with a finger. His long, lethal law out as he added, "She didn't try to deny it."

Lucien sank into the edge of the table, the light catching in his long fire-red hair. Aadya watched the human examine him before seething, "Well, now we're stuck with that, thanks to your useless mercy, and you've ruined--"she cut herself when the human stepped forward, only a step but kept her mouth shut.

"Did you enjoy killing my friend, human?" Lucien said. "Did you hesitate, or was the hatred in your heart riding you too hard to consider sparing him? It must have been so satisfying for small mortal thing like you to take him down."

Aadya watched as the human girl search for something, probably a weapon to attack Lucien for his words. She swallowed a laugh coming from her throat as she turned towards Tamlin, "Anyway, perphaps there's a way to--"

"Aadya, Lucien," Tamlin said quietly, the names echoing with a hint of a snarl. "Behave."

While Aadya only rolled her eyes at his orders, Lucien on the other hand went rigid. He hopped off the edge of the table and bowed deeply to Feyre. "My apologies, lady." Another joke at her expense. "I'm Lucien. Courtier and emissary." Lucien gestured to her with a flourish. "Your eyes are like stars, and your hair like burnished gold."

Aadya snorted at his lines as he waited for the human to give him her name, but the human remained quiet but anyone could see the suspicion behind it. "Her name is Feyre,"Tamlin said as he turned towards her his green eyes meeting hers then flickered towards the door. "Alis will take you to your room. You could use a bath and fresh clothes."

Aadya watched was the human flinched when Alis took her by the arm and pulled her outside the dining hall towards her new room. As soon as the room door shut Lucien's growling filled it, "That's the hand the Cauldron thought to deal us? She brought Andras down? We never should have sent him out there--none of them should have been out there. It was a fool's mission." His growl was more bitter than threatning.

"Maybe we should just take a stand--maybe it's time to say enough. Dump the girl somewhere, kill her, I don't care--she's nothing but a burden here. She'd sooner put a knife in your back than talk to you--or any of us." Aadya added as she sipped her wine with no care.

"No," Tamlin bit out. "Not until we know for certain that there is no other way will we make a move. And as for the girl, she stays. Unharmed. End of discussion. Her life in that hovel wss Hell enough." None of them seemed to notice Aadya stiffen at the word hell as she swiftly stood up walking out as said the final words,

"Then you've got your work cut out for you, kid. I'm sure her life will be a fine replacement for Andras's--maybe she can even train with the others on the border." With those last words she shut the room with a thud leaving behind the two men looking worried at her change in mood.