2.02 | REUNIONS

♚✭♛

Aadya should have asked Rhysand for more information about Feyre and The Spring Court. She stood in the highest plain, that was located near to dias. Aadya could physically feel the angst emitting from Feyre when she stopped at the sight of the clustered red petals. She looked like she was going to throw up.

Feyre couldn't breathe as she stood in front of everyone. This eerily reminded her of the trails in which the spectators would laugh at her humiliation. Everyone was watching, exactly as they had when she'd nearly died, spectators to her torment.

She watched as Tamlin extended a broad hand, brows narrowing slightly. But Feyre couldn't bring herself to move.

These were the times that Feyre wished Aadya was there. Probably with a bored face and the only one who could have seen through her torment. It still stung Feyre that Aadya left without a goodbye. But she understood. Even if no one did see that Amarantha was one of the person that Aadya valued in her life after her brother.

Feyre wanted Aadya to return to Spring Court even for a moment so that she could escape the tight clutches of Tamlin's overprotective self.

Rhysand stood beside Aadya and watched her watch Feyre. Aadya was trying not to get affected by the state that Feyre was in. Rhysand could feel the human calling for help for somebody. And by the look on Aadya's face she knew it too. He suspected it when Aadya drew the ink marking herself of the bargain between him and Feyre. He should have known she would somehow connect the link to herself too.

"You didn't tell me she was this bad," Aadya whispered to Rhysand, who turned back to Feyre. Rhysand inspected Feyre, she did look malnourished but that was because of all the throwing up that she did at night. But he could use this to get Aadya back to normal, so he did.

"Don't pretend you are any better, Aadya darling." Rhysand said which made Aadya more confused as she shook her head getting rid of what he said, she'll think on it later.

"Are you coming down there?" Aadya slowly asked. She wished he would come, she didn't think she can exactly get through seeing the members of Spring Court again. She could feel Rhysand inspecting her face, for what she did not know. But she kept it neutral.

"Yeah," Rhysand answered.

Feyre tried to get her lungs to draw air so she could the voice the word. No--no.

But she didn't have to say it.

Thunder cracked behind her, as if two boulders had been hurled against each other. People started screaming, falling back, a few vanishing outright as darkness erupted.

Feyre whirled, and through the night drifting away like oke on a wind, her eyes latched on to Aadya who gave her a small smirk, as Rhysand stood next to her straightening the lapels of his black jacket.

"Hello, Feyre," Aadya crooned, before turning to everyone in the Spring Court, specifically Tamlin and Lucien.

"Miss me?"

♚✭♛

Feyre shouldn't have been surprised. Not when Aadya liked making her presence known. And Rhysand, always did found pissing off Tamlin to be an art form.