2.07 | EVERYTHING WAS MY FAULT

♚✭♛

The scent that entered her room, was one she would never forget. Aadya snapped her to the entrance where the person stood, expecting someone else but seeing someone else.  "Gab. . ." She trailed off seeing it was not a person from her past, but only Rhys.

"Well," Rhys began, and walked inside her messy room. "Don't look so excited to see me."

"I just thought you were someone else."

"Who?"

Aadya remained silent, not wanting to say further and Rhys stood in the edge of the table, and examined what she was writing. There were too many shapes and symbols and words that Rhys did not understand. "Did you want something, Rhysand?"

Rhys pulled another chair next to her and sat down, "Well, Mor told me that you are having a hard time controlling your power."

Aadya snapped her head towards him, squinting her eyes in accusation, "Well, maybe Mor is not as reliable as I thought."

"I didn't mean to Aadya! It just slipped out," Mor's voice resonated through the closed door, indicating that she was listening in on their conversation.

Aadya took a bundled sage, and burn it in the candle on the corner of the table and waved it around her and Rhys, placing a non-verbal spell on the room. "Where did you come from?" She was not giving up this time. Not after the scent she smelled the scent after centuries of not knowing what happened to the person.

"What really happened before Feyre was revived?" Rhys answered her question with a question. And as expected Aadya didn't answer. "See. You're still keeping secrets. This can't work if we both don't trust eachother. Clearly you don't trust me."

"You're keeping secrets too. You don't exactly trust me either." Aadya pointed out, defending herself weakly.

Rhys turned her chair to the right, making her face him. "I don't like keeping secrets from you Aadya. Trust me. If I could I would lay out my sould bare in front of you. But I can't do that, not unless you trust me too." At this he was begging, he didn't care if it makes him less in her eyes. He just wanted to know what was going on in her head.

"I get that," Aadya whispered. She really did know where he was coming from. And maybe she could try, try to open up. Let it all in. "What do you want to know?"

"Why did you plan to take down Amarantha, through Feyre?"

Aadya sighed and placed the paper in her hands on the table, as she faced the High Lord of the Night Court with a tight expression, "Before I tell you anything, just know that I am not a good person, Rhysand. And I am not proud of a lot of things I have done in my past." She said, trying to gauge his reaction but it remained unreadable so she continued.

"As you know, I was in Hybern for half a millennia. Used as a weapon for the Prythain war for three hundred years, and next two hundred years as punishment, for something I did. Amarantha made an offer to me. She said, that if I give her the power to control my magic she will let me out of Hybern without the King's knowledge. I accepted. I was desperate and naive to think that Amarantha was my friend. I didn't know what she was planning for the future of Prythain, capturing the High Lords, taking away my free will." Aadya took a shaking breath, recollecting herself.

"My power was completely drained from my body, just leaving enough to keep me alive. That was why I couldn't even put up a fight when she imprisoned Prythain. And contrary to popular belief, I couldn't kill her. It took me almost half a century to get back even an inkling of what I used that day Under the Mountains to burn Amarantha."