Epilogue 1 | HEL IS MY HOME

"First she lost him, then she lost her mind."

♚✭

A few millennials ago, Yggdrasil is an immense tree that sprang forth in the primordial void of Ginnungagap, unifying the eight realms named Asgard, Álfheimr, Niðavellir, Jötunheimr/, Vanaheim, Niflheim, Muspelheim and Hel.

It is said that after a person meets his death in their world, they pass through the others realms before they finally attain their peace. While many might believe that Hel is everything ends, for Aadya Solace it is where everything began.

Among the nine realms, Niflhelm and Hel are the most powerful cold, dark and misty world. When these two realms unified with marriage, it became the ruler of all eight realms. And anyone that challenged their authority, was turned to nothing.

Niflhelm is the home to the people of both realms and Hel. . . That has always been Aadya's.

The moment she stepped into the entrance of Niflhelm, Aadya was welcomed with a ginormous door that reached up to the golden sky. Aadya took a breath as she walked upto the center as she placed her palm in the middle. A glow surrounded her palm for a moment before the door opened and let her in.

While Niflhelm has always been a peaceful and serene kingdom, what Aadya saw in front of her shouldn't have surprised her. But considering the day and what was about to take place, she was sure there was a glamour in position.

Aadya crouched down, with closed eyes, to the land as she placed her palms on the sandy-floor. The rush of magic cracked through the land and travelled up her palm as it reached to her eyes. And when Aadya opened her eyes, her grey hues shined blue as she saw through the heavy glamour.

Everything was on fire.

She could see people running towards the castle, which was on the top of the mountain. Their hands held spears and swords as they charged with a battle cry to the castle, with children and young ones getting trampled by the crowd.

After a millennia of not being inside Niflhelm, this was not how she foresaw it going. As fear entered her, she panicked and quickly winnowed to the middle of the castle's court room. She was not prepared for what she saw.

Her eyes first for the throne were the King and Queen smiling at her. It was not warm or welcoming, it was filled with something so sinister, that she had take a step back in fright. Aadya followed where their eyes turned, and her knees threatened to buckle beneath her.

Her brother, chained to a pillar, his face was drenched in blood so was his clothes. The left side of his body was mangled and twisted, as it lay limp attached to his side. As if sensing her presence, his blue eyes met her grey ones, and he gave her a smile which came out as a grimace.

"Hello, Sister."

Having seen enough, Aadya tried to march forward, but she fell down to her knees, before she could take a step. She looked down, to see a trident pierced, clean through her stomach. Her turned widened when she recognised who trident belonged to. Her sisters.

Aadya turned back to see, Zoya and Zivia, merged together as one, the advantage of being twins. Smiling down on her, there eyes filled with hatred.

A malicious laugh echoed through the room. Aadya turned to see the King and Queen ascend from the throne and then made there way to her kneeling figure. While the King kept standing, the Queen bend in front of her, carefull not to let her feet touch Aadya's blood that was pooling beneath. The Queen raised a finger as she traced around Aadya's face, her fingers coming to a stop at Aadya's jaw.