2.05 | WE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE DOING

♚✭♛

Aadya was about to go under in the pool like bath tub, when she heard the door of her room open. She let out a annoyed sigh when she heard him walk towards the door that seperated the main room from the bath room.

"Do you have no respect for privacy?" Her voice was annoyed but with no heat in it.

"Not when it comes to you Aadya, darling."

She opened her eyes and took in Rhys who stood leaning against the wall as he watched her relax in the bathtub. He let his eyes roam along her body, and he could see a lot of things he shouldn't have. He rolled his eyes at himself, he really was shameless.

"What do you want?" Her brows rose as he allowed himself in. He picked up the towel placed in the table and held out a hand for her. He gave her a smug smirk, knowing she won't accept it. "No."

He chuckled as he placed the towel on her extended hand and moved back to his original place and leaned against the wall. He still didn't take his eyes away from her.

"Do you mind?"

"Not really, no."

Aadya gave him a bland stare before a mischievous smile painted itself on her face. Rhys stood straight looking at her with suspicious look and quickly turned away when she pulled herself out of the tub, completely naked. "What the hell, Aadya?"

"What? You said you didn't mind." Her voice held such amusement that Rhys was almost tempted into turning back but he didn't.

"Whatever," he tried to back track on his words, before he quickly scrambled out of the bathroom, that Aadya almost thought she had imagined the heat rushing to his face. "Just get dressed and come out. We have to talk."

And he was out of the bathroom, before Aadya could get another word out. She let out a laugh, at his antics before pulling a night gown over her head, reaching her mid-thigh. After running the brush through her wet hair, she walked out of the bathroom, only to see Rhys sprawled across her bed with one hand on his stomach while the other went behind his head.

"Seriously?"

Rhys turned towards her voice, and tried not to let his eyes roam below but failed. He watched as she walked to the bed and tried to pull the quilt from under his body. But he didn't budge. He just lay there with a smug smile and watched her huff before pushing the quilt to the side and getting in the bed next to him. She pulled the quilt to her shoulders and turned to her side to face Rhys who still looked up at the ceiling. "You said you wanted to talk. So talk."

She heard him hum in response but didn't proceed to talk so she just lay there with her eyes stuck on him, reading the side of his face trying to know what was going on in his head. His voice pulled her out of the trance she was in, just staring at him. "You know, don't you?" His voice was a whisper, but Aadya didn't knowing what he was talking about.

"I know a lot of things. What are you talking about?"

"Us."

At that Aadya went stick straight as she closed her eyes when Rhys' body shifted to the side, facing her. She didn't want to look him in the eye and lie. She didn't want to lie, at all. Aadya didn't answer as she let herself drift into sleep, hoping it would save her from answer the question. But Rhys' stare was too intense for her to just avoid. "I have my guesses." She responded vaguely.

Rhysand didn't push her to elaborate on her answer. Not because he didn't want to, but he didn't know if he himself knows the answers to his question. He slowly pushed a strand of wet hair that was falling on her face, behind her ears. Before he could retract his hand back, he heard Aadya's sleepy voice whisper.