1.07 | TICK-TOCK ; IT'S CALANMAI

♚✭♛

Weeks and weeks passed, the days melting together. Wake up, kill, go to sleep, was all Aadya did for months. She hardly saw anyone or stayed at the Spring Court. She was tired of it. Of everything. She adapted to the same routine of days with no contact to anyone, human or fae. What she didn't expect was to be sent to deliver a message especially with a Attor breathing at her neck.

In the evening light as she stood with the Attor, in distance she could see Tamlin and Lucien both go rigid at the new presense. She thought about what would happen if Feyre was with them and hoped they would have the common sense to hide her from the Attor.

When the Attor and Aadya stopped at one side of the thin stream, Tamlin and Lucien approached the opposite side. Even though she couldn't see Feyre, Aadya was aware of her presense unlike the attor. The four of them watched eachother for a moment all faces completely neutral.

"I know what day it is," Tamlin said. Though hidden, Feyre tried to listen to what was going on. She would have thought they were playing a prank on her had she not heard a low, disembodied voice reply to Tamlin.

"Your continued behavior is garnering a lot of interest at court,"the Attor said. "She has begun wondering--wondering why you haven't given up yet. And why four naga wound up dead not too long ago."

"Tamlin's not like the other fools," Lucien snapped, his shoulders pushed back, like a warrior going to battle head-first and his eyes often drifting to Aadya. "If she expected bowed heads, then she's more of an idiot than I thought."

Aadya hissed, like the puppet that she is supposed to be. "Speak you so ill of she who holds your fate in her hands? With one word, she could destroy this pathetic estate. She wasn't pleased when she heard of you dispatching your warriors." She now turned towards Tamlin. "But, as nothing as come out of it, she has chosen to ignore it."

Aadya knows Tamlin and Lucien would not take her words as a threat but as a warning, but it still didn't mean it didn't disgust her to say those words praising their common enemy. And by the nod Tamlin and Lucien gave her she knew they know it too.

Tamlin gave out a deep-throated growl, but his words were calm as he said, "Tell her I'm getting sick of cleaning up the trash she dumps on my borders."

The Attor chuckled, voice sounding like sand shifting. "She sets them loose--as gifts--and remainders of what will happen if she catches you trying to break the terms of---"

"He's not," Lucien snarled. "Now, get out. We have enough of your ilk swarming on the borders--we don't need you defiling our home, too. For that matter, stay hell out of the cave. It's not some common road for filth like you to travel as the please."

Tamlin loosed a growl of agreement.

Aadya gave out a laugh alongside of the Attor. "Though you have a heart of stone, Tamlin," she said, and Tamlin went rigid, "you certainly keep a host of fear inside it." Aadya's voice sank into a croon. "Don't worry, High Lord." She spat the title like a joke. "All will be right as rain soon enough."

"Burn in hell." Lucien spat at the Attor as it laughed again before it flew away. Aadya lingered a moment and watched the Attor fly away before turning towards the occupants of the Spring court. "Well, that was dramatic." She let out a sigh at the same it as Tamlin and Lucien. She pursed her lips before moving away from the stream.

"I will be back during Calanmai. You guys passed out by luck this time, so for Cauldron's sake find a better hiding place for the human girl. See you." With that she winnowed away from the Spring Court leaving behind the residents terrified.