2.03 | ANGER ISSUES

♚✭♛

Rhysand and Feyre were in the study, when the room's door burst open and a frustrated Aadya walked through it.

Both of their head snapped towards her, as she plopped herself on the couch that was near the stairwell on the other side of the room, far away from everyone. The High Lord of the Night Court opened his mouth to speak, but stopped when Aadya's frustrated voice echoed through the room.

"Is it really, that important to wake up at this ungodly hour in the morning for breakfast of all things?" At her tone the others in the room knew, this was not her best day. But Rhys being Rhys, seemed amused by her frustration and decided to taunt her even more.

"Tea?"

Aadya threw him a flat stare, which made his lips twitch, but he watched her with concerned eyes as she laid her head back and closed her eyes to the world. Feyre too, watched this scene in amusement but decided to bring the topic back to what she wanted to know from the either of them.

"How does it work-- this bond that allows you-- both of you," a nod towards Aadya, "to see into my head?"

Not answering her question, Rhysand stood up with a steaming cup of tea and walked to where Aadya sat and placed it in the table in front of her, and turned back but not before nudging her awake and making a motion to her to drink it. After giving him an annoyed eye roll, she did as he said.

He took a sip from his own tea, before answering Feyre's question. "Think of the bargain's bond as a bridge between us-- and you. And at a end is a door to our respective minds. A shield. My innate talents allow me to slip through the mental shields of anyone I wish, with or without that bridge--unless they're very, very strong, or have trained extensively to keep those shields tight." He pointed a finger at Aadya, who was blowing on her hot tea, "like her, she even has a serpent guarding her mind. I cannot get past that." He playfully narrowed his eyes at the said woman, who gave him a small innocent smile. He then turned towards Feyre with a nonchalant expression, "Sometimes we hear them, sometimes we don't."

Feyre scowled, clenching her fork harder, before turning her glare to Rhysand. "And how often do you just rifle through my mind when my unwitting shields are down?" She aimed this question at Rhys, not worrying if Aadya had been scrummaging through her mind, and Rhysand clearly didn't miss that. But before he could answer, Aadya spoke up from her place as she looked outside the mountains of the Night Court.

"I cannot end the bargain that you have with us, but I can stop Rhys from having access to your mind, without your permission."

Feyre perks up at the new information and looks at Rhys with a smug look, before turning to Aadya with a hopeful look. "You will do that for me?"

"No."

Feyre's mouth opens to protest, or even plead if she has to but one look at Aadya's far-off look, she knew that she lost the argument. Her voice was defeated as she, looks between Aadya and Rhysand. "What do you both want with me? You said you'd tell me here. So tell me."

Rhys leaned back in his chair, folding his arms and looks at Aadya, a silent conversation happening between them and when Aadya gave a curt nod, he turned back to Feyre. "For this week? I want you to learn how to read."

♚✭♛

"No."

Aadya let out an audible groan, at the girl's persistence. Feyre still didn't budge after multiple times of trying from both Aadya and Rhys. Even Rhys, the mountain of patience was visibly getting annoyed and frustrated. "What else are you going to do with yourself? Paint? How's that going these days, Feyre?"