2.09 | WHO IS IN CONTROL?

♚✭♛

"I did some research," Rhys announced as he entered the sitting area making Aadya look up from the book.

It has been a few days since Aadya's breakdown. Neither of them brought it up again, turning their focus into making Aadya control her power and the power she stole from the High Lords of Prythain.

Rhys had been the one to leave Feyre at Spring after her week in the Night Court was over. He had informed Aadya that Mor had taken upon herself to teach Feyre, and Aadya was thankful.

Now they both, sat at the sitting area, in Rhys' private residence with piles and piles books surrounding them.

"You had the right idea," Rhys began as he sat next to Aadya, "to start practicing with control with small things. But you had the wrong approach. You said your magic is all about learning how the other's magic looks like, how it feels, what shape it is, and what it's uniqueness. You shouldn't force the High Lords power to come out," He placed his hands on his lap with a sigh. "You just have to study it."

"That's. . .That's brilliant," Aadya said in amazement.

While they both pretended that, that night didn't happen the effects were on full display in Aadya's behaviour. She talked lesser than usual, resorting for shaking her head or answering in few words. It was not bad with Rhysand as it was with others. Aadya couldn't bring herself to speak with Mor even for a few minutes.

Rhys pretended it didn't concern him, that she hadn't wrote to Helion in days, or left her room in nights to just feel the wind against her face. He pretended that he didn't notice how quite she had become. It didn't make it easier, but it will have to be enough for now, so he can find a solution.

"Let's start with identifying whose power is dominant on you," Rhys said as he stood up and snapped his fingers as a guard came in the room. He waved his hand towards the man, "What do you feel when you see him?"

"Nothing," Aadya shrugged.

"Good," he said. "Then you won't have any problem breaking him from the spell I put on him, but using Helion's power, not using your own."

Aadya winced at the remainder of Helion, but stood up tried to break Rhys' spell. She closed her eyes as she searched for the power she had got from Helion. A glimpse of a irregular structure flashed in front of her and the second she reached for it, it disappeared.

Determined to find it, she started her search again, and everytime she found it would slip right through her fingers. Aadya grumbled in anger and annoyance and opened her eyes to Rhys watching her carefully. "I can't!" She snapped. "Everytime I try to find it, it just slips away!"

Rhys sighed at her anger, and stepped in front her and took her hands in his. Aadya closed her eyes as she felt his hands against her cheek, warm. "Don't search for it Aadya darling," he said softly, his hands smoothing the furrow between her brows. "Will it to come to you. Focus on my voice and search for any of the High Lord's power. Let it flow through you."

Aadya did as he said, only focusing his voice, his presence and his fingers drawing small circles along her wrist and cheek. Once again she started to look inside, but stopped herself when she heard Rhys' voice telling her to let it come to her and search for it. So she stopped trying to dictate her powers, rather then mingle with it.