2.10 | A SELFISH BIRTHDAY

♚✭♛

♚✭♛

The thing about pain is, no matter how much you try not to, it demands to be felt.

Aadya's head turned to the left with the power of the punch that landed on her face. The blood filled her mouth as she spit it out and a small tug at the shackles that was around her wrists and ankles from behind.

"You sure can take a punch," the man who was standing above her said with a laugh as he fisted her bloody hair in his left hand and pulled her against the restraints making her grunt at the pain.

The man didn't stop as he pulled and pulled and pulled her by the neck until both her shoulders dislocated from its place making her let out a scream making the man smile. The man roughly pushed her down making her aching back burn with pain from the whip lashes there.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" The man chuckled at he pulled out a knife and a bowl as he cut a small line across her right cheek until enough blood dripped out. "Just took you a week to let out a scream from all the torture. Until next time," he mockingly bowed, "princess."

Aadya watched as the man walked out and could feel the blood drip to the ground and making flowers grow where she bled. The curse of being promised to the kingdom.

It has been a hundred and fifty years since Aadya had been born and was shortly exiled to the prison by her parents. And fifty years since they found out that her blood could be used as a weapon to shield themselves and to attack anyone.

"You should stop enjoying this so much, Aadya," the prisoner to her left said in an angry tone. Aadya slowly turned to him to see his silver eyes filled with anger and concern.

Aadya opened her mouth to answer but her shackles falling to the ground made her stop as she watched them disappear and the sky fill with stars as the night dissent upon them. She slowly closed her eyes and took a breath of relief before she stood up and walked over to where he stood with and silent asked him with her eyes to pull her shoulder back in place.

The silver eyes stared into her gray ones as they lost themselves a little in each other before the clearing of a throat broke the spell.

"I do not know why you keep trying brother," the prisoner to Aadya's left said in boredom, but her eyes did show real concern. "If you say she did too much this time, she will only take more the next."

"Shut up, Amren," Gabriel said as his eyes moved from Aadya to his sister.

"You shut up, Gabriel," Amren mocked her brother, childishly.