Chapter 21: Elaborate

(I listened to Safety Net while finishing this, go listen to it rn)

Nevaeh's POV:

Curious what the problem was, I left Courtney mid-conversation and headed toward the door.

"Ariana" I called out as I stepped closer.

Just before I could ask a question she shut the door rather quickly, making me suspicious of who stood on the other side.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing" She muttered, quick to usher me away.

"C'mon, I'm not gonna get upset. Just tell me the truth and we'll handle it together" I interlocked our hands which she looked down upon almost instantaneously.

"It's nothing, I've got it handled"

She leaned up for a kiss but was met with my cheek and a rather disappointing look from me.

I sighed, "Alright"

I turned on my heel ready to walk away from her after the lie she just told to my face but she had a different idea.

My hand was yanked back and I was facing her yet again, "I'm not letting you walk away from me upset"
"Then tell me who's on the other side of the door"
"Nevaeh"

"Ariana" I said in the same attitude ridden tone.

She wasn't gonna get let off the hook easily anymore.

"Can't you just trust me when I tell you that I've got it handled? Please"

Trying to get her to admit the truth was going to result in an argument and honestly, I didn't have the energy for it so I let it go.

"Yeah, whatever" I tried my best to hide the slight anger and jealous I was currently feeling.

Our chests touched as she looked up at me with a smile, whispering, "Can I have a kiss?"

No way she was being serious, right?

I leaned down, letting her think she was getting a kiss only to whisper a simple, "No" before walking away from her.

Ariana's POV:

I watched as Nevaeh walked away from me, heading upstairs. She made sure to turn around and flash me a small smile before continuing her walk.

Ugh, she's so beautiful.

Turning back around, I waited until nobody was near me and then opened the front door just enough for the both of us to see each other.

"What're you doing here?"

A different set of footsteps approached us and before Dalton could explain anything, they spoke up, "I invited him" I turned my head to see Courtney standing there with a smile.
"Well I'm uninviting you, it's disrespectful to both my girlfriend and I in general but especially to our relationship"

I looked at Courtney with a disappointment across my face, "Really Court?"

She remained silent and looked in every direction but my own. Then Dalton spoke up, apologizing, "I'm sorry, I was under the impression you wanted me here"