Chapter 26: Friends

Nevaeh's POV:

I scrolled through four different articles covering Ariana's 'Mystery Man' Dalton within the last five minutes alone. I think my favorite of the morning so far has been 'Meet Dalton Gomez: Ariana Grande's Boyfriend'

I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel reading everything that I have.

Upset, Jealous, Happy?

Victoria's footsteps grew closer so I locked my phone, sliding it a bit away from me as I sipped on my coffee.

She wrapped her arms around my waist from behind, resting her chin on my shoulder while giving me little kisses on my skin.

"How's your morning been so far?" She asked in a whisper, her eyes never leaving the side of my head.

"Tiring" I replied plainly, stepped away from her grip and walking backward toward the other end of the counter where my bagel had just popped from the toaster.

She turned around to pout herself a mug of coffee as well, "You okay? Seems like you're a bit on edge, love"

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. I'm just a bit anxious but I'm gonna go for a run and hope that helps a bit"

I walked toward her, looking into her eyes for a moment before I leaned in for a kiss. When pulling away, I noticed the playful smirk on her face which lead me to kiss her again, and again.

After a mutual agreement we pulled away from each other.

"How does dinner sound? Tonight, my treat"

I thought about it for a moment then agreed.

"Dinner with you sounds amazing"

"Good" She whispered with a wide grin, all while staring directly at my lips.

I shook my head, slowly but surely backing away from her again, "No more kissing, I'm gonna get distracted and not go for a run"

"That's not a bad thing"

"I'm going on a run Victoria"

I shut the front door behind me, walking from the gated neighborhood she resides in and onto the streets of Los Angeles.

It took me by surprise when a series of flashes began to go off and my name along with Ariana's, Dalton's, and Victoria's names were being shouted toward me with questions about them.

I tried to walk around the group but they decided to block my path, walking with or in front of me. I figured if I asked them nicely, they'd quit, "Please leave me alone, I'm just trying to go for a run before I go back inside to..avoid this"

"What's the deal with you and Ariana Grande?" One repeatedly asked, slowly blinding me with the constant flashes.

"Friends, I guess. I met her at a party, she's great" I said with a smile, ignoring everything until the same man spoke up again.

"Really? Just friends?" He asked and I nodded.

"We have photos and footage of you and her leaving a hotel room together"

I stopped in my tracks, keeping a straight face while my heart was slowly sinking to my stomach.

"Can I see the footage?"

He was hesitant so I snatched the camera from around his neck and began scrolling through his photos, seeing what had to be hundreds of photos from that night alone.

Pictures of: Ariana showing up, Ariana leaving, me closing my blinds the night I got there, me walking Ariana downstairs, zoomed in photos of Ariana's neck with the marks I had left.