Chapter 9: Hey baby

Ariana's POV:

I was drifting in and out of consciousness, I could feel my head and body jump every time Courtney hit a speed bump.

I opened my eyes slightly and remembered where I was. "Can you drive calmer? Ariana's asleep Court" Nevaeh said softly, her hand caressing my arm.

I didn't wanna move and risk having to lift my head from her chest so I stayed quiet and smiled slightly, enjoying the feeling of her heart beating rapidly against my head.

(That was kinda sus)

Her soft lips gently kissed the top of my head before she rested her head on mine.

God I wish I could take a picture.

I had closed my eyes and began drifting off to sleep yet again, that was until Nevaeh's phone began to go off.

"Fuck" She groaned, the tone was similar to the one I recall the night we met.

Ding.
Ding.
Ding.

I lifted my head from her chest and let out a yawn. We made eye contact for a split second which we both smiled at before looking elsewhere.

"I'm so sorry for sleeping on you, there's probably drool somewhere on your shirt"
"It's totally fine Ariana"

"Look Nevaeh about earlier, I didn't mean-
"-Just forget about it"

"No, I don't want to forget about it. I wanna talk about it and-"
"-We're here guys"

"Nevaeh..."
"Ariana is that you?"
"We'll be back. You two..behave please and don't strangle each other"

Nevaeh's POV:

The door shut and Dalton look back at me from the passenger seat.

"So..."

I shook my head and leaned back into the seat.

"I don't wanna talk about it"

Then my phone started going off again.

"Looks like someone wants to talk to you though" He joked, making me laugh lightly and roll my eyes.

"You have feelings for her don't you?"

I shook my head, staying silent which he responded to with a scoff.

"It's obvious Nevaeh. I saw the way you were looking at her while she was sleeping on you. You were admiring her beauty, admit it. I'm not gonna judge you because I do the same thing. She's too gorgeous not to admire"

I stayed silent and averted my attention to the floor.

"It's so hard not to catch feelings for a woman like her. She's phenomenal, she's everything you've ever wanted and more"

He unbuckled his seat belt and turned his body to face me before speaking, "I'm only saying this because I really really like her and I wanted to know how you'd feel if I made things..official with her. I've slowly come to respect you and how happy you make her. I don't want to step on your toes and swoop in and steal her so I'm asking right now Nevaeh"

Oh god, don't ask again.

"Do you, or do you not have feelings for Ariana?"

"No, I don't. She's single and I think you should go for it, what've you got to lose?" I said encouraging him with a smile.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. You seriously don't know how much this conversation meant to me"

We shook hands and began talking about video games.