Chapter 10: You sure?

(I had Just Like Magic on repeat as I wrote this because it bops)

Ariana's POV:

The event that took place earlier this morning continued to replay in my mind.

Nevaeh and Tayla kissed.

Tayla and Nevaeh kissed.

Nevayla was a thing..or is a thing? What does that even mean?

I'm still a bit confused on this whole situation. Actually, 'a bit confused' is an understatement.

What the fuck just happened?

After the kiss Nevaeh and I made eye contact, shocked expressions plastered on both of us before I took off upstairs to my room and Nevaeh went outside. We haven't spoken to each other since.

Knock Knock.

"Hey, come in"

Dalton.

"Hey, how you feelin' beautiful?"

I pushed my laptop off to the side of my bed and folded my hands on my lap, my attention solely on him..or so I thought.

"Like complete and utter trash"
"Anything you wanna talk about?"

Yes, why the hell did neither of them tell me they dated? Why did Tayla kiss her? Why am I even jealous?

"Nope. I just wanna forget about it"

But I can't.

"Why, what's up?"

He suddenly got nervous, internally panicking but showing subtle signs that I picked up on.

"You agreed to a date with me remember?"
"I did agree and I do remember"
"Tonight, wear something comfortable"
I smiled widely as did he, "Will do"
"I'll come up and get you in a few hours after everything is set up"

I nodded. "Sounds wonderful"
"Alright"

He gave me a small wave and then walked toward my door, heading out as Tayla came in.

"So...about earlier"

Nevaeh's POV:

I stood in the kitchen with my head in my hands, sitting on the white marble island.

Why the hell did she kiss me?

I internally groaned as the kiss continued to play over and over in my head, the look of hurt on Ariana's face, the smile on Tayla's, the confusion I felt...everything was on a continuous loop.

It felt like hell.

Dalton spoke up, pulling me from my own mind, "I need a favor"
"What's up?"
"I asked Ariana on a date tonight but the projector I ordered hasn't came in yet and neither did the movies or the popcorn or anything. I'm fucked and out of ideas. That was my one and only date idea and it obviously fell through"

He began to ramble and I wasn't in the mood for it so flicked his forehead and shut him up.

"Ow"
"What about a picnic? We can go buy some fruit and her favorite food and then set it up on a blanket outside"
"You're a genius" He smiled widely, placing his hands on my shoulders and shaking me in joy.

I quickly slapped his hands off of me and dusted myself off, "Don't ever touch me again"

-

One long grocery trip with him later and we were back home.

"What should I do?" He asked in a panic as I unbagged the groceries.

"Go find a blanket and lay it outside on the grass in the backyard but make sure it's in a spot where the boys haven't 'marked'"

He nodded and went off in search for a blanket as I started cutting the fruit.

A few minutes later he came back with a wooden basket in his hand and a bigger smile on his face.

He grabbed two bottles of wine and placed them both inside of the basket as well as some cutlery and napkins.

"Thank you..for everything. I wouldn't have helped me if I was you, I've been a complete ass to you ever since I got here and you didn't deserve that"
"You're welcome D but it's alright, I'm not even worried about it. Just make sure she's happy"

He nodded and we stood in silence in the kitchen as I started packing up the food for them.

"I think you should go talk to her"

I looked up at him from the cutting board, debating on going.

"Let me finish helping you cut this shit and then I'll maybe go talk to her"

He gently pushed me out of the way, "I got this, just go talk to her. Trust me, she wants to talk to you just as bad as you wanna talk to her"

I laughed and playfully punched his shoulder before turning around and washing my hands.
I slowly made my way up the stairs and to her room, knocking on the door softly.

"Hey..."

As soon as we made eye contact, she jumped up and rushed over to me, putting her hand over my mouth. I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier even though it wasn't my fault, she still deserved an apology.

"Before you say anything about what I think you're gonna talk about...don't"
"You don't need to explain yourself. I'm fine, we're fine. It's all good"

For real?

"You sure?"
She nodded her head slowly, looking at the ground for a bit then back up at me, "Yeah"

"Alright, well have fun on your date with Dalton. He's a good guy"
"Thanks"

Ariana's POV:

Nevaeh gave me a tight-lipped smile as well as a small wave before shutting my door behind her.

Why did I just say that? Fuck

I threw my head back and rubbed my eyes, internally mocking my past self and wanting to throw myself off of my roof for being an idiot.

'It's all good' No it's not.
God Ariana you're an idiot.
I'm aware Ariana, I'm aware.

I took a quick 15 minute shower then threw on a simple white top with a matching bottom. I did my eyeliner and a touch up on my gloss, slipping on a pair of heels before there was a knock on my door.

I rushed over and opened it, Dalton.

"You look beautiful as always" He complimented, my cheeks going a tint of red as he kissed them both.

"Thank you, you look handsome Dalton"

He smiled again for the millionth today, grabbing my hand and leading me downstairs and outside to my backyard where a blanket was laid out as well as a basket of what I assumed was food.

"Oh my god, this is so cute"
"Nevaeh is the one who came up with it actually"

Oh.

We sat down and he poured the both of us a glass of wine, beginning to take the food out of the basket and place it onto the blanket.

I don't know what came over me but I leaned in, his left hand going to my cheek and pulling me closer. We held eye contact until I closed my eyes and felt his soft lips on mine, pulling away with a smile on my face.

We stayed in the same position, "I'm so lucky" He whispered, his smile never faltering.

I was about to say something until I peeked inside of my home through the glass only to see Nevaeh with tears in her eyes.

Oh fuck. I shouldn't have done that.