Chapter 11: Nevaeh wait

Ariana's POV:

I looked up and my mouth dropped.

Fuck.

God I'm such an idiot.

I quickly stood up, running toward the sliding glass door.

"Nevaeh wait" I called out as I walked in.

She continued to walk toward the door, wiping her eyes as she did so.

"Leave me alone Ariana"

I sped up and grabbed her wrist which resulted in her pushing me back with her other hand.
"Don't touch me" She warned, a single tear slowly sliding down her cheek.

She turned back around, placing her hands on her hips and tilting her head back.
"Can you just turn around and relax, I'll exp-"
"Can you just shut the fuck and leave me alone?"

Although she couldn't see me, I nodded as if she could. I turned around, sprinting up the stairs to my room and slamming the door shut, locking it behind me.

I threw myself onto my bed and screamed into my pillows.

Why did I do that? Why did I do that? Why did I do that?

I eventually turned over to lay on my back, only to stare at the ceiling, thinking of ways to try to make things better.

Nevaeh's POV:

After Ariana left me alone like I had asked, I stepped outside for a breath of fresh air. It felt like I was closed in and if I didn't leave I'd most likely have an attack of some sort.

A simple breath of fresh air then turned into me leaving in an Uber to Enterprise Rent-A-Car. I ended up signing off on a white 2018 C-Class Mercedes.

I shook hands with the dealer and pulled off in the new car. As I sat at the red light waiting for it to change, I quickly turned on the radio, listening to whatever song was already playing.

"...And if we paint a perfect picture, we can make it last forever. And you the only one I want to wear my orange sweater"

I immediately turned the volume down and started clicking through the stations, verbally showing my disgust of a sappy song today. 

"Ew, next"
"...I stopped the world. Male or female, it make no difference. I stop the world..."

I turned the volume back up, this time louder than before.

"What she say? What she say?" I hyped up the iconic line.
"world, stop—"

I paused, looking around at the cars beside me, turning my head forward as the light changed to green and the beat resumed.
"Carry on"

-

After a stop at Raising Canes for food and Target for snacks and a few movies I haven't watched in a while, I headed back to Ariana's.

I turned my car off and sat in the driver seat in her driveway in silence, debating on going back in so soon. After about 2 minutes I said 'Nah' mentally and pulled my food out, setting up Netflix on my phone.

About halfway through the first episode of Season 5 of Lucifer, I closed the Netflix app and grabbed my Target bags from the backseat. I locked my car doors and hesitantly headed inside. As much as I wanted to avoid it, I knew we would eventually have to talk about today.

Her front door was unlocked so I did my best to stay quiet, trying to make sure she wouldn't notice I was back. That plan failed miserably, she was sitting on the couch in the living room with her head turned toward the door.

We made eye contact for a split second and that was enough to make me want to cry. I ran upstairs as fast as I could, hearing Ariana not to far behind.

"Nevaeh please" She called out as she followed me.

I shut the door behind me, locking it.

Ariana's POV:

My shirt had gotten stuck on the railing so I couldn't catch her before she closed the door.

I let out a heavy sigh, walking over to the now shut door and knocking a few times. She didn't say anything, or even move.

"Nevaeh can we talk? Please?" I asked through the door and she still didn't answer.
"I'm just gonna sit out here until you come out"

And that's what I did.

I crossed my legs and sat down, my back against the wall in the hallway. Hours had passed and she still hadn't come out. It was almost 11 and I was tired as hell but I was still gonna wait.

Another 20 minutes went by and I heard her footsteps come closer then the door handle was twisted and opened.

She completely ignored my existence, stepping over me and going down into the kitchen. I jumped up and followed her like a lost puppy.

She stood at the coffee maker, her back toward me.
"Nevaeh I-"

Before I could say another word she turned around, making me jump slightly out of fear.

"Why can't you just tell me what you feel because how you act is so damn confusing for me. I feel like- like I'm waiting for something that's never going to happen. You're on my mind all the time and I don't get how that's so hard for you to notice, nobody else has been worth thinking about since the day I met you"

"I fucked around and got attached to you Ariana and what sucks is how I care more about your feelings than my own"

I watched tears begin to form in her eyes as she spoke to me.

"I - I don't know what to say—"

She wiped underneath her eyes with the hem of her black tank top.

"Well, your options are: You can either tell me how you feel right now or you can leave me alone"
"Nevaeh please- "
"For good Ariana"

Before I could say anything, I felt two arms wrap around my waist and wet lips against my neck.

Dalton.

"How's my favorite girl doing?" He asked, obviously smiling as he kissed my cheek.

I watched Nevaeh's face completely drop from the interaction, my own heart breaking at the sight of her beginning to bawl her eyes out. I could only imagine the hatred she has toward me at the moment.

"I can't believe I cried over your sorry ass, what the fuck is wrong with me?"
"I'm such an idiot" She said with a bitter laugh to follow.

She sprinted toward the door.

I pulled Dalton's hands off of me and tried my best to catch up to her again.
"Nevaeh wait please"

Then the door shut in my face.