Chapter 22: Where to?

Ariana's POV:

'I love you' is how I wish that conversation ended but instead we had a whole argument, one similar to the one I had internally except things went completely different after she slipped on her hoodie.

"I'm really not in the mood to argue right now, I have a shoot with Victoria's Secret in like an hour and I have to get ready" She grabbed a few things out of her nightstand then headed out of our bedroom.

I sighed, throwing my head back before following after her.

"So you're just gonna leave in the middle of this conversation without even telling me you had a photoshoot today?"

She stood at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at me then scoffed, "Do you even hear yourself? Ariana, I've told you all this week that I had the photoshoot. It's all I've talked about"
"We had to move around our plans this week because of it—"

With a sigh, she threw her hands up, "It's like you don't care what I have to say anymore"
"I do care"

She bitterly laughed and headed into the bathroom downstairs, shutting the door behind her but not before mumbling, "You do a pretty bad job of showing it"

I shook my head, making my way to the kitchen and grabbing a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

Nevaeh's POV:

I finished getting semi-ready in the bathroom before my Uber was outside waiting for me. I passed by the kitchen, stopping to stare at Ariana while I thought of something to say to her, maybe an apology but neither of us spoke.

My mouth opened then immediately closed as I had nothing to say.

A honk from my Uber driver caused Ariana to look up from pouring a refill of her glass of champagne and toward me.

We awkwardly stood there for a moment just staring at each other before I headed toward the door and to the backseat of the Escalade.

My phone laid in my hands while I waited, hoped for a text from her that never came.

-

"Stella" I said with a smile after she opened the car door for me, helping me out with ease.
"Nevaeh"

We walked side by side into the building, catching up on certain parts of each other's lives. "Does this mean we can't flirt anymore?"
"We? I never flirted with you, this was all one sided Ms.Evergreen" I joked, seeing her immediately blush at the use of her last name.

She rolled her eyes as an attempt to hide it but the smile she wore only made it more obvious.

"Evergreen? I haven't heard that one since the wedding" I looked to the right only to see Ivy, the older and more attractive of the two sisters.

"Why didn't either of you dickheads say you were coming to the shoot?" I pulled Ivy in for a hug then pinched the both of them, earning laughs from the Brunettes.

"One, Evergreen sounds like a salad so I go by Reed, two, just because you're cute doesn't mean you won't get punched for pinching me," Stella paused and I looked toward the ground before she continued, "Three, I didn't know you were coming to the shoot so knock it off"

I rolled my eyes at her last statement and turned toward her sister expecting an answer, "I'm actually leaving right now, my ride is outside. I just wanted to pop in and steal some snacks for the plane"

"Where to?"

"New York but I should be back in a few weeks. One of my friends just flew back from Italy and we need to talk but I'll see you later Nev" Ivy gave her sister a hug then pulled me in for one as well, smacking the top of my head before leaving.

I looked to Stella, gently patting her cheek a few times while I said, "Don't call me cute again, I have a girlfriend" After walking away, I turned back around to see her stunned at what just took place.

About 2 hours into the shoot with everyone, I managed to continuously fuck up. The photographers suggested I take a short break to hopefully clear my head.

I headed into one of the corners of the room and pulled my phone out, swiping through my notifications in hopes of seeing at least a message or missed call from Ariana but I got nothing.

"Relationship problems?"

"Yeah— Yeah but it's fine, I'm not even worried about it" I lied with a smile, tossing my phone into my bad and headed back to the cameras with the other models.

-

Stella tossed her keys up in the air as we walked outside. "Need a ride?"

I declined the offer and sighed, "I'm gonna walk, it's not that far and I kinda need to clear my head but thank you" We exchanged smiles and phone numbers before going out separate ways.

On the way back to Ariana's, I decided to stop by the florist not too far away and pick up some flowers for her as sort of an apology. As I was walking out with the bouquet in hand, the car that was bumping music loudly had stopped at the red light.

I passed by them, doing a double take when I thought I saw my ex-boyfriend. Just as the light turned green, he flashed me his smile, making me want to dive headfirst off a bridge.

I damn near sprinted back to Ariana's place in hopes of avoiding any more contact from my previous relationships.

Breathlessly, I unlocked the front door and tossed my things onto the ground. I wanted to make things right between us again, I hated being like this with her.

Just as I was about to walk into the living room where she was, I paused, hiding behind the wall when I heard Ariana and Courtney talking, the alcohol obviously slurring the majority of their words.

"I don't want to— its not like I want to hurt her feelings, ya know?" She sniffled then laughed when Courtney did.
"It's not funny Court, how do I tell her that I—that I have feelings for him?"

"I have feelings for him and don't know how to tell her, I can just imagine how she'd feel if I said something about it"

The back of my head rested against the wall I was leaning against as I tried my best to keep the tears from falling while my heart broke.

-

It'd be a shame if they broke up 😣