Chapter 27: I'd love to

Ariana's POV:

"Baby I'm cold" I expressed through an exaggerated sigh, hoping Nevaeh would catch on to what I was hinting at.

I wanted to cuddle.

Looking into the kitchen I watched as she turned my way with a blank face.

"I can't feel my toes that's how cold I am" I said trying my best to hide a smile.

She began walking into the kitchen with a rather large bowl of what I assumed to be popcorn, "No you're not, you just want me to hold you," She paused, taking a moment to set the popcorn on the other side of the couch before joining me.

"But here I am, c'mere"

With a smile I unwrapped part of my body from the thick blanket and snuggled into her side.

My head laid on her chest while I swung the rest of my body so I sat on her lap.

"You comfy?" She asked smiling down at me.

I nodded and she rested her arm along my shoulder and the other held my hand while the movie played.

Lifting my head, I puckered my lips, "Kiss"

She leaned down partially and met my lips, giving me a quick peck before returning her attention back to the tv as did I.

"Ariana"

My name was repeatedly called out by Doug, pulling me from my daydream to ask a question about my current relationship status.

Nevaeh's POV:

My agent had booked me for an interview with James Corden which I completely forgot about up until about an hour ago.

I rushed to get ready before getting inside of my Uber that was waiting.

The drive to his set wasn't as long as I expected.

Stella and I were rushed inside and basically pushed onto stage.

"Please put your hands together for Nevaeh and Stella Reed" James announced, standing up with the crowd as we received cheers.

He greeted us with a side hug and a kiss on the cheek before he pulled our chairs out for us.

I saw the table a bunch of disgusting dishes spread out and I knew what it was, 'Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts'

I wasn't looking forward to any of this.

James went on to explain how the game worked then began to list off the items we would possibly be eating, "We have salmon smoothies, beef tongue, bird saliva, herring rollmop, a scorpion, fish head, hot sauce, and finally bulls penis"

The crowd laughed at the last one but I was still stuck on the salmon smoothie and how many flips my stomach has done in the past minute from smelling the plates.

James could tell which I was looking at and decided to make a joke whilst starting the game, "I'm going to give you the salmon smoothie, it seems to be your favorite Nevaeh"

The crowd laughed and I wanted to throw up, I could see the chunks.

He picked up a card and began to read, "You've publicly dated a few musicians over the past 4 years: Lauren Jauregui, The Weeknd, and August Alsina"

"Unfortunately" I mumbled, hoping nobody had heard.

"Rank their music from best to worst"

I picked up the glass, considering it but I saw a chunk of salmon and backed out.

The crowd began laughing, "Number 3 is August but only because—" I didn't have a chance to explain myself before everyone started to laugh and cheer me on.

"You're actually gonna answer it?" James asked in disbelief and I nodded.

"Number 3 is August because he tried to date my sister after I ended things. Two is Lauren because she dumped me at the worst possible time and the best is Abel because he wrote a song about me"

I sighed in relief, happy I didn't have to drink the smoothie.

"What song?" Stella asked.

"Die for you" I admitted and the crowd cheered yet again.

(I love that song sm😩)

It was now my turn to give Stella an item followed by a question.

I rotated the table slightly to place the bird saliva in front of her, watching as she squirmed in her seat at the mere sight.

"Stella, you've modeled for many famous brands such as: Dolce&Gabbana, Burberry, and Chanel. Rank those companies clothes from worst to best"

Rounds flew by and we were nearing the end of the game, the last question being asked by James for me.

He immediately started laughing after picking up the card, "This is a good one"

"Recent photos of you and a certain actress have come out, are—"

I shook my head, picking up the glass filled with hot sauce and taking it like a shot, standing up along with the crowd to cheer.

Security lead me outside and into the passenger seat of Victoria's Mercedes' before anyone could snap photos.

"How was James?" She asked while I buckled my seatbelt.

"It was fun, he kept asking questions about you so I ate plenty of disgusting things today"

We talked for the 30 minutes we were in the car.

I didn't know where we were going but she insisted that I trust her and stop asking questions so that's what I did.

I followed her down to a secluded part of the beach not too far from her place. She led us down a set of stairs where a candlelit picnic was set up on the sand.

The sun had barely begun to set and the ocean was just a few feet in front of us, to say it was beautiful would be an understatement.

We laid on the blanket, eating fruits and tiny sandwiches just talking about anything and everything that came to mind.

"Hey, I was thinking and— can I ask you a question?"

I turned to face a nervous Victoria.

She was played with her thumbs for a moment before looking up to meet my eyes.

"I was wondering if you'd be my girlfriend again" She whispered, her gaze falling from my eyes down to my lips.

"I'd love to"

With a slight lean forward, our lips met, sighs falling from both of our mouths as smiles eventually took over.

Ariana's POV:

I pulled out my phone and began to scroll through my private Instagram while I waited for Doug to return from the bathroom.

The 2nd post I saw was a photo of Victoria Pedretti smiling and a recognizable bracelet in the corner.

Clicking the profile, I realized it was Nevaeh's account.

Seeing she had posted Victoria before me stung.

I shut my phone off and tossed it to the other side of the couch, wiping my eyes as tears rapidly fell.