Chapter 28: Hello?

Nevaeh's POV:

I woke up to an empty bed with a note from Victoria, it read, 'We had an early shoot, I'll see you when I get home tonight:)'

I folded the note back and placed it on the black nightstand beside me before turning over and falling back asleep.

Not a moment later, my phone rang.

Without checking the caller ID, I answered.

"Hello?"

"It's about time your lazy ass is awake, come pick me up from the airport"

"Lazy? It's not even noon Lizzie— what do you mean airport?"

She laughed on the other end of the phone, "I'm at LAX, I need a ride and these Ubers are too damn expensive"

I jumped up and out of bed, both confused and excited.

My twin was in the same place as I again for the first time in what's felt like years but in reality has been months at most.

"Okay-okay I'll leave in a minute, text me your information"

I sped my way to LAX, going through red and green lights without a care in the world. Excited would be an understatement. I've missed my sister.

"Nevaeh" She screamed with open arms after seeing me in the driver seat of my Mercedes. I jumped out and gave her the tightest hug, smiling into her shoulder as I held my twin.

I pushed her off of me, suddenly disgusted by the physical touch of a sibling.

"Okay, that's enough"

I helped her put the suitcase and bag she had in the trunk before getting back in the car.

"Don't get me wrong, I love that you're here but why? How? I'm so confused" I said to my sister as I drove through the traffic.

She shrugged, "I missed you and Scootie, let's go see him but I need to shower and get dressed, that plane smelled like straight b.o. and I don't like it"

The car ride back to Victoria's consisted of laughs and a much needed therapy session about everything that's happened so far within both of our lives.

"Wait— so you and Ariana aren't together anymore?"

I sighed.

"She like made things official with Dalton or whatever in the 'Stuck With U' video that her and Justin put together"

"But you guys filmed a clip for the video?"

"That didn't get used"

I unlocked the front door and let her in first, shutting and locking the door behind me.

"That's so stupid. Why hasn't she tried to talk to you? Or apologize at least for screwing things up between you guys"

This time it was my turn to shrug, "I don't know, honestly, she could be reaching out and I wouldn't know because her number is blocked and I muted her notifications for good measure"

My phone vibrated in my back pocket.

'Scootie: swing by later w Lizzie'

I flipped my phone around and our sister nodded, "I mean we were gonna show up there regardless"

With a laugh, I headed upstairs to get changed while Lizzie hopped in the shower downstairs. Nearly 30 minutes later, she was calling for me from the bathroom.

I put on a simple outfit: Brown corduroy pants, a Tan V-Neck sweater and a pair of matching converse. I grabbed my keys, phone, wallet, and slipped on two rings on the way down.

"You ready?" I asked my sister who was wearing a black leather jacket, light washed jeans, and a cropped white tank top.

"Yeah, you look good Ness"

I rolled my eyes at the nickname.

"Shut up"

The drive to Scootie's wasn't too far, a short 15 minutes.

Mikey greeted us at the door with a wide grin and open arms that we both fell into. "Hey Mikey" Lizzie dragged with a smile that matched his. They hugged for a bit after I let go and I stood there awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

"Everyone's inside, I was waiting for you two before I went back"

He opened the door for us and shut it after.

"Your house is so nice, why haven't we been invited over until now?" Lizzie asked as we both admired the newly renovated home.

"Because I was upgrading it and I didn't want to show an unfinished product. It's a smart home meaning everything is powered by my phone basically"

My twin and I looked at each other then back at our brother.

"Why would you do that? Cause if the power goes off or your phone dies, then what?"

"Won't happen, I have a back up generator outside and you act like my phone is gonna leave my sight. Anyway, we're about to play monopoly"

With his back to us, Scootie and Mikey led us to the living room where 5 game pieces laid across the coffee table.

Scootie, Mikey, Lizzie, and Me. Who's the 5th?

I didn't think anything of it after that and immediately went for the car piece, lining it up at the 'go' spot next to the top hat which Scootie had chosen.

We began rolling dice to see who was going first but stopped when the doorbell rang.

Scootie immediately got up and walked through the foyer and to the front door.

"Hey"

The light and bubbly voice I hadn't heard in a while spoke up and I could feel my heart sink further into my chest.

Minutes had passed and my heart rate hadn't slowed down, I didn't noticed it sped up.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom" I mumbled and stood up dizzily, making my way to the bathroom down the hall.

I made it inside and shut the door after me, letting my hands fall to grip the sink in hopes I didn't fall over while my panic attack continued. I kept closing and opening my eyes to stay awake, clutching my chest as it felt like it was caving in.

My breathing became more erratic, my heart nearly leaving my chest while my head pounded.

I let out a groan and the bathroom door opened, my head was pulled into someone's chest as they rubbed my back, talking to me and calming me down in an instant.

"Are you—Hey, are you okay?"

My face was lifted up by their hands and I met her eyes. Her stunning brown eyes scanned my face frantically, searching for any signs of hurt but didn't find any.

"I'm fine" I mumbled.

We both swallowed thickly, letting the tension between us expand.

I could feel myself leaning in, giving into her as she did the same. Our noses touched the others cheek and I moved away, coming to my senses and brushing past her on my way out.

"Nevaeh wait, please—"

I went to walk outside but suddenly the power went out, we were locked inside.

-

For the loml knewbetterd 😫