1.4

⊱ ─ Time For An Upgrade ─ ⊰

Daisy smiled as she, Averman and Jesse skated around the ice when Charlie arrived, his eyes searched for one person before landing on Daisy as she shoved Averman and Jesse to the ground. Charlie rushed over to Daisy and hugged her instantly catching her off-guard causing them both to fall to the ice. Daisy laughed as she looked up at the boy, "You alright there, Conway?" Charlie smiled at her happily, "Thanks for speaking to Coach!" Daisy nodded as Charlie got up then helped her up. "It's okay, Charlie. You don't have to thank me," Daisy reassured him as Averman shoved Jesse into her which lead to her falling into Charlie who thankfully caught her.

Charlie and Daisy laughed before they all headed off to Hans and Jans sports shop where Bombay asked them to meet him. Daisy walked with Charlie as they approached the shelf holding hockey sticks, but when Charlie grabbed one of them, the rest of them fell. Daisy giggled as Charlie attempted to catch them but failed miserably before attempting to play it off before looking at Daisy with flushed cheeks while she laughed. "Great job, Spazway," Daisy cheekily teased before she began picking the sticks up, Charlie rolled his eyes before helping her out.

"How exciting is this though?" Daisy asks Charlie as they picked up the hockey sticks. Charlie looked up at the smiling girl, "It's amazing! We actually have a chance now." He stopped for a moment as Daisy adjusted the hockey sticks back into their rightful places, "I mean, we had a chance thanks to you being on the team but..." Charlie trailed off as Daisy blushed lightly, she grabbed the hockey sticks from his hand before putting them back. "Thanks, Charlie. But it isn't just one player, it's a whole team. And with Bombay, we will finally work as a team," Daisy says as she looked at the smiling Conway boy.

Connie pulled Daisy away from Charlie once they had finished picking up the hockey sticks leaving him alone. He watched as Connie dragged Daisy, who was apologizing to the boy, away. Charlie scratched the back of his neck as he stared at the blonde girl as she looked at gloves with Connie, his cheeks turned a faint pink as Terry smirked. "Oh no, Charlie caught Daisy fever," Terry teased gaining Jesse's, Averman's and Peter's attention instantly. "W-what?" Charlie stuttered looking over at the small group of boys.

Terry laughed and patted Charlie's back, "Good luck with that!" He pointed at the three glaring boys before walking away leaving Charlie to fend for himself. Daisy walked over to the cash register and stood with Han and Coach Bombay, she turned her attention to Charlie who was trying to get a hockey stick that was wedged in some fake ice. Fulton Reed, the team's only supporter that wasn't a parent, approached the struggling boy and pulled the hockey stick out before handing it to Charlie who thanked him.

Bombay turned to Daisy, "Who is that guy?" She smiled at her Coach, "That's Fulton Reed. He's in one of my classes and my friend outside the team." Bombay nodded as Jesse, Averman and Guy surrounded Daisy. "How come he's not on the team?" Bombay asks the kids. "He plays football. Some preppy school gave him a scholarship, only if he doesn't play hockey," Guy informs him as they watch Fulton talk to the others. "He's already been accepted into four schools," Jesse added before Goldberg leaned over and spoke, "Yeah, And I heard he's gotta redo sixth grade." Jesse shoved him as Bombay shared a look with Daisy.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

After their shopping spree for new and improved equipment, they headed back to the rink for their first real practice. "They're pretty good skaters. Does anyone know who they are?" Bombay asks as they all watched the two kids figure skating. "That's Tommy Duncan, he's in my Science class," Terry says before smirking, "And that's his sister, Tammy." Daisy nudged him slightly with a smirk making him blush lightly. "Think they'd want to play hockey with us?" Bombay asks getting cheers in response, "Go get dressed. I'll do the negotiating." The team went to the locker room and changed into their new practice gear while Coach convinced Tommy and Tammy to play.

The team skated out onto the ice ready for Coach's orders. "Back to the basics! Skating!" Coach says as the team skated around the cones placed on the ice. Charlie tripped over his own feet falling to the ground knocking the cones out of place as the others laughed. Daisy helped him up and they fixed the cones for everyone else, she helped coach the others through the drill. Charlie smiled as he watched Daisy skate through the cones perfectly until Guy nudged the boy with a teasing smirk. "What?" Charlie asks Guy who shook his head. "You know what, Spazway!" Guy answers him before skating away to Connie.

After a bit of skating time and some successful runs, they moved on to the next drill. "Soft hands," Coach starts. "You don't shoot the puck to your teammates, you sail it to them. Karp, on your feet." Coach then passed Karp an egg that exploded over his stick, splashing onto his face in the process. "Ew, Gross!" Karp whined as the others laughed at the short plump boy. "You don't stop the pass, you accept it. Cradle it," Coach explained before lining the team up next to each other. "Concentration, not strength," Coach says softly yet sternly.

Averman lightly nudged Daisy, "Like the Karate Kid, right? Wax on! Wax off!" Daisy laughed lightly before Jesse shoved the boy making him fall to the ground, "Shut up, Averman!" Daisy rolled her eyes at the two boys before paying attention to Coach Bombay. "Alright, Jacobs. This one's yours," Coach said before passing the egg to her, she moved her hockey stick back to accept the egg. "Good job, Jacobs! Now send it back," Coach tells her before she passed it back without cracking the egg, she smiled proudly as the others cheered for her.

Coach Bombay passed it to Charlie who cradled the egg with his hockey stick, smiling up at Daisy. "Good! Pass it back!" Coach says but unfortunately when Charlie sent it back, the egg splattered all over Coach making the others laugh. "Way to go, Spazway!" Peter teased as Daisy smiled. "Nice drill, Coach. Really! Very cute, but when are you going to work with me in goal?" Goldberg asked getting a smile from Coach Bombay. "Goldberg, do you trust me?" Bombay asks the confused boy. Daisy turned to Connie, the two talking as Charlie looked over at the blonde girl only for Terry and Guy to smirk at each other.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Coach Bombay had tied Goldberg to the goal to prevent him from escaping the goal or dropping to the ice. "Okay, my mother would not approve of this, Coach. She would like me to live to be Bar Mitzvah'd," Goldberg informs the Coach frantically while everyone stood with their hockey sticks and pucks resting in front of them. "This is your Bar Mitzvah, Goldberg! Today, you will become a man!" Coach yelled back as the kids all laughed tauntingly with smirks on their faces. Daisy stood next to Charlie, the two smiled at each other before focusing on Bombay as he walked back to the line-up facing Goldberg.

Goldberg looked around at the faces of his teammates knowing this would allow them to get back at him for all the times he had ditch the goal giving the opposing teams free goals. "Coach, I think you got your ceremonies mixed up! This is more like a circumcision! Coach, will you come back here? What'd I ever do to you, man!" Goldberg continued to shout as Bombay ready his own hockey stick and puck. "District Five, ready?" Coach yelled getting verbal agreements back. "Oh man, I'm gonna die. Daisy, you gotta help me! I'm gonna die!" Goldberg shouted, the blonde smile knowing he'd be fine with all his goalie padding.

Daisy smirked at Jesse as Coach spoke, "Aim!" Peter laughed, "Nice knowin' ya, Goldie." Daisy laughed pulling her hockey stick back ignoring Goldberg's pleas. "Fire!" Coach Bombay shouted, the team all began shooting pucks at Goldberg as he screamed until he realized it didn't hurt at all. Goldberg began laughing and cheering as everyone began chanting his name making him smile. "I am Goldberg the Goalie!" Goldberg yelled making everyone cheer for the boy. They all smiled at each other before they turned to Bombay. "That was a hell of a practice. Be proud of yourselves!" Coach Bombay praised the team making them all smile and cheer.

Everyone made their way off of the ice forgetting that Goldberg was still tied to the goal. Daisy remembered once she was dressed and quickly rushed out to the ice noticing the defeated look on his face. "I remembered!" Daisy cheered as she walked over and helped him escape the goal. The two of them walked out together, throwing all the rope into a bucket before deciding on going to Mickey's diner to get some milkshakes and fries. Daisy was really beginning to think that the team would make it all the way to the championship, she had faith they would win and that only fueled her fight more.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1600}