3.10

⊱ ─ Painful Loss ─ ⊰

Daisy went with Charlie to visit Hans while the JV Warriors played against the Cardinals. "Your mother's been calling. She's looking for you, both of you," Hans said once he heard the door knowing it was Charlie and Daisy. "These little Warriors can't seem to catch a break." Josh announced through the radio. "We're right here," Daisy said with a slight shrug. "Ah, there's the buzzer. At the end of two. It's the Cardinals four, the Warriors one," Josh finished before Hans switched the radio off. "Sounds like the team needs you, huh?" Hans said to Charlie before looking to Daisy, "Both of you."

Charlie scoffed, "They don't need me. What they need is a new coach." Daisy sat down on the arm of the couch knowing this was about Charlie not her and she was okay with that. "You're not a little boy anymore, Charlie. Please stop acting this way," Hans spoke with his usual kind tone. "I just don't know what this guy wants from me," Charlie told him as Daisy grabbed his hand and smiled up at him, the interaction made Hans smile.

Hans sighed, "He won't let you just skate by. He demands more. He wants it because he knows that it is there inside of you. Like Gordon did. He needs you to lead." Daisy nodded in agreement with Hans' words, he was always the best at getting through to people and it was something she loved about him. Hans was family and nothing would change that. "How can he expect me to lead when he takes away my "C"? I was the captain, Hans," Charlie explained.

Hans shrugged slightly, "It's only a letter, Charlie. Here, I have hundreds." Hans chuckled as he dropped a bunch of Cs in front of Charlie. "These are not the same. Don't make fun of me, Hans," Charlie responded dryly. "He took away the "C", Charlie... not what was under it," Hans said as he sat down with a sigh. "Go. Both of you. Be with your friends, Charlie. You are the heart of the team. Don't let it slip away," Hans tells them. "They're the ones slipping away from me," Charlie scoffed.

Hans closed his eyes for a moment worrying both teens. "Are you okay, Hans?" Daisy asked. Hans pointed at them and smirked like he always did when he messed around. Daisy smiled at him and shook her head slightly while Charlie scoffed. "We gotta walk. We'll see you," Charlie said before walking to the door with Daisy beside him. The two walked out the door leaving Hans to himself. "Goodbye Daisy. Goodbye Charlie," Hans spoke quietly to himself.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy was sitting in her room when a soft knock was heard on the door. "Come in!" She called out as she finished off the last bit of homework. She turned to see her mother standing there with tears streaming down her face. "What... What's wrong?" Daisy asked worriedly. "I'm so sorry hunny... Hans passed away," Miranda told her. Daisy began shaking her head, "No... No... No... Charlie and I... We were- we were there earlier... I... No.." Daisy fell to the ground with tears running down her face.

Miranda rushed over and pulled her daughter into her arms, rubbing her back as she cried into her arms. Daisy couldn't believe it, she wanted to convince herself it was a dream. Hans was family, he was the one who showed them the way when they got lost. He was the one who helped Bombay find himself, which gave District Five a chance to be something more than just a number. Hans was the one who gave them a true family, Hans was the original Duck and now... Now he was gone.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

It was the day of Hans' funeral, Daisy stood next to Charlie as he held her hand. Tears streamed down her face as Gordon Bombay walked over, once the prayer finished and the priest went to speak, Bombay cut him off. "Excuse me, one second," Bombay said and unfolded the original Ducks jersey with Hans' last name on the back. Once he had unfolded it, he placed it on top of Hans' casket. "Everytime you touch the ice, remember it was Hans who taught us how to fly," Bombay said.

Charlie stormed away as more tears fell from Daisy's eyes, Fulton pulled her in for a hug. At the end of the funeral, Daisy placed a flower on Hans' casket. "Watch over us, Hans. You've showed us the way, thank you. For everything," Daisy whispered before walking away until she was stopped by Bombay. The two embraced each other and stood silent for a few minutes, he had always been a father figure to the young blonde girl, to the entire team.

Bombay pulled back and looked down at the girl, "How are you?" Daisy took a deep breath. "I'll get there, It'll take time. But Charlie, he needs you," Daisy tells him. "Always the selfless one looking out for everyone else. The sunshine of the team," Bombay said with a proud smile. "I'll be talking to Charlie tomorrow," Bombay assured before the two of them made their way to the others. They were all talking about their memories with Hans, laughing and crying together. Hans would never be forgotten, he wasn't just a hero, he is a legend.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Author Note
Hans death still makes me sob.
Short chapter as I'm crying...
R.I.P Hans
The true Duck Legend.

-Rose <3
{922}