2.5

⊱ ─ Los Angeles ─ ⊰

"I don't know what I've been told," Coach Bombay shouted from his seat on the cart in front of Team U.S.A who were skating behind him. "I don't know what I've been told," Team U.S.A responded in unison. "Team U.S.A.'s gonna win the gold," Bombay continued for the team to repeat. "Listen up and listen good," Bombay says as he briefly looked back at his team as they repeated it before he continued, "We're all headed for Hollywood." Daisy skated up beside Charlie as they all jumped and skated ahead of the cart. Charlie grabbed Daisy's hand as they skated ahead of everyone else both with wide smiles on their faces as they wore their Team U.S.A tracksuits.

And soon enough, the team landed in Los Angeles, California. Daisy slept through the whole flight with her head on Charlie's shoulder, the boy admired her light snores and wiped away the slight drool before anyone else saw it. Charlie still couldn't quite believe that he had a girlfriend and that is was Daisy Jacobs, his first crush, his first kiss and most of all, his first female best friend. He never would've expected to see Daisy skate onto the ice but, boy was he glad she did and he knew that when the games were over, they had no clue what would happen but that was for then.

"Welcome to Los Angeles, California, And the Junior Goodwill Games," The sports announcer says, "As teams from around the world arrive go complete in both winter and summer events. The U.S.A is expected to score well in the medal count, especially in basketball, swimming and hockey." Team U.S.A followed Don Tibbles through the crowd into the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. They all looked around in pure wonder and amazement as Charlie was holding Daisy hand, the two smiling widely. "And there's Team U.S.A. hockey led by Coach Gordon Bombay. They're looking fit and anxious to begin the competition." Daisy smiled widely as she looked up at the stands within the ice rink.

"Tonight's game matches the second-seeded, Team U.S.A. against the tenth-seeded team, Trinidad Tobago. This marks the first game for Team U.S.A in this double-elimination winner-take-all tournament," The announcer continued as Daisy took slow steady breaths as she skates behind Guy to keep up with him preventing the Trinidads from taking the puck. Team U.S.A were leading by six goals in the second period, Adam had scored twice resulting in Daisy and him sharing their secret handshake. Guy had gotten one before letting Connie get the other while Daisy had gotten two herself causing the crowd to cheer "Flash on Ice" which boosted her confidence.

Daisy got the puck quickly passing it to Jesse as the two skated down the ice, Daisy shoved down two Trinidad players. Jesse passed the puck to Averman before he was shoved to the boards. Averman skated down the ice before looking around for someone to pass it too after spotting a player coming for him, finally spotting Daisy, he passed the puck to her. Daisy smirked as she psyched the goalie out and got another goal for the Team U.S.A, the team cheered and celebrated. The score was now 7-0 which made Daisy smile over to Bombay who was cheering the loudest for his team.

Adam took the next face-off and won the puck before passing it to Jesse who immediately rushed towards the net but was tripped by a Trinidad player and flew into the goalie. Jesse jumped up and shoved the player who tripped him which lead to him being placed into the penalty box. Fulton and Dean were sent out onto the ice together and they were practically untouchable as they pushed down players left and right; Dean managed to score a goal. Daisy jumped up from the bench and cheered for Dean who winked at her before he high-fived Fulton, Daisy hugged Julie as they cheered.

Daisy was seated next to Charlie with Adam on the other side of Charlie, the couple noticed the boy's focus being on the stands. "Hey, you got a girl in the stands?" Charlie teased as he nudged Adam making Daisy smirk. "No man. Scouts, look at 'em," Adam replies as Daisy followed her gaze making her take a deep breath. "Don't worry about scouts, Banksy," Daisy tells him with her sweet smile. "Yeah, just play your best," Charlie added as he lightly squeezed Daisy's hand in his. Bombay sent Adam back out onto the ice, he quickly got the puck but it was stolen away from a Trinidad player.

They managed to score a goal but Daisy just lightly clapped for them, she wasn't too worried as the game was almost over and they were still ahead. But the end of the day, Team U.S.A won the game; 9-2. "Alright, way to go!" Coach Bombay cheered. "That wasn't a game, that was a statement!" Bombay praised as they all cheered together for their first win in the Junior Goodwill Games. Daisy wrapped her arms around Charlie's shoulders and pulled him into a hug, "That was amazing!" Charlie pulled back and kissed her before they all headed off to change out of their hockey gear.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Later that afternoon, the team had a press conference and Daisy was feeling nervous as she stood with Charlie and Jesse. They looked around at the crowd of reporters before focusing on the camera's that were live to television which only added to Daisy's nerves knowing her mother might be watching which meant she should expect a phonecall pretty soon. Coach Bombay stood in front of the team as Tibbles stood at the podium, "Ladies and gentlemen, Team U.S.A hockey! And the man chosen to lead them to the gold, Gordon Bombay!"

Daisy adjusted the Hendrix cap on her head, they were required to wear it for their sponsors. "Team U.S.A, how does it feel competing on an international level here in Los Angeles?" A reporter asks and before Bombay could respond the team did first, "We love it!" Daisy smiled widely as she leaned into Charlie. "Coach Bombay, The Vikings from Iceland are the heavy favorite. Their coach has already guaranteed victory. How are you going to handle them?" Another reporter asks causing Daisy to roll her eyes.

Bombay let out a sigh, "Hard work. I think our team is ready to go against the best in the world. We're not worried about them. Iceland may be tough, but we're Team U.S.A and we're going all the way." The team cheered in agreement with their coach. "Team U.S.A is going down! That's where it's going," The Iceland coach yelled out gaining everyone's attention. Daisy's eyes widened seeing who the coach was, she swallowed slowly looking at the tall, buff players she'd have to play against knowing they would target her, Connie and Julie.

The Iceland team was being ushered away, "See you on the ice, Bombay!" Daisy followed behind the team as they walked off the stage. "That's Stansson, Iceland's coach. He's wound a little tight," Tibbles informs Bombay. "Stansson from the NHL? Wolf "The Dentist" Stansson is coaching Iceland? You didn't tell me that," Bombay replies to Tibbles as they both walked away from the team. "That guy's a dentist?" Ken asks, confused. "That was his nickname," Daisy told him. "He played one year pro. He collected more teeth than goals. He even punched out his own coach!" Jesse finished for his best friend.

Julie sighed, "I heard they ran him out of the league and the country." Daisy nodded slightly as Charlie grabbed her hand. The team made their way out of the press conference while Ken focused on where the Iceland team stood, "That's his team? Those guys are huge!" Daisy coughed slightly before turning to look at Connie and Julie, "We gotta prepare for that game." The two girls nodded in agreement before everyone started small conversations between each other as they made their way to the hotel.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1350}