1.5

⊱ ─ The Undefeated Ducks ─ ⊰

Coach Bombay took the team to the mall to teach the team's new player, Fulton Reed to skate. Daisy stuck with Fulton helping him out despite him knocking a woman into the fountain at one point. He was grateful for Daisy's assistance and he quickly got the hang of it, he managed to keep up with the team as Daisy sped ahead of the team with a smile on her face enjoying the time with her team. She looked back at the others are they spoke with each other, her gaze locked on Charlie who was already looking at her making her blush lightly as he smiled at her.

After the mall, the team headed to the rink for a team meeting in the locker room. "Ducks? We're the Ducks?" Jesse asks from beside Daisy and Terry. "Man, what brain-dead jerk came up with that name?" Peter asks making Bombay look at him. "As a matter of fact I did," Coach Bombay says, "I didn't have a choice, we're being sponsored." Averman laughed, "By who? Donald and Daisy?" Jesse nudged Daisy at the mention of the duck name as they realized how ironic this moment was, she rolled her eyes in response. "Hey! You don't wanna be Ducks? You'd rather be District Five? Some stupid number?" Coach Bombay asks the team.

Peter shrugged, "Better than some stupid animal." The fourteen kids agreed with each other. "I'll have you know, Peter, the duck is one of the noblest, agile and intelligent creatures of the animal kingdom," Coach informs him with pride lacing his tone. "But they're wimpy!" Connie says from next to Guy. "They don't even have teeth!" Guy added. "Neither do hockey players!" Coach Bombay said making the team laugh together. Daisy made eye contact with Charlie who was sitting with his mother, the two of them smiled at each other before focusing back on Coach Bombay.

Coach Bombay let out a breath, "Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful!" He looked around at his team, "Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way!" Daisy nodded in agreement knowing that ducks tended to back away from a fight. "Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock!" Coach removed his jacket to reveal his own duck jersey, a wide grin on his face.

Daisy smiled widely as some of the team looked at him in disbelief. "I'm proud to be a duck and I'd be proud to fly with any of you. So, how about it? Who's a Duck?" Coach asks. Everyone looked around at each other in silence before Fulton spoke up, "I'll be a Duck." He walked over and grabbed his jersey. "Ducks all the way!" Daisy cheered as she stood up and made her way over, Fulton handing her the jersey with her last name and number 62. Coach smiled at her knowing that 62 was her father's number, she smiled back happily as Charlie stood up, "Yeah, me too!"

Everyone else got up and collected their jerseys too, putting them on with smiles on their faces. "Now, we're the Ducks!" Coach cheered as they all finally looked like a team, "The Mighty Ducks!" Everyone cheered with Coach Bombay. "What are we!?" Coach yelled. "The Ducks!" Everyone cheered together. The team huddled into a group hug around Coach Bombay, they all soaked this moment in knowing this was just the beginning for the team. They were finally proving they were more than District Five, they were The Mighty Ducks - Undefeated.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

They had their first game as the Ducks against the Cardinals and they were nervous. As a warm-up, Coach had the team skate around and toss footballs to each other. "Every time you get the puck, you are the quarterback. Make eye contact with the receiver. Talk to him, let him know it's comin'," Coach informs them as they continued throwing the footballs to each other, "Come on, guys! This isn't a library, talk to each other!" After the team warmed up, they all stood together to watch Fulton shoot practice pucks into the goal.

Daisy cheered for Fulton's power shots, every one in five but they were great hits. The team crowded together in and around the team's bench box for Coach's pep talk, "Alright, let's forget the past. We lost a few games, tough! That was District Five. Now, we're the Ducks. And the Ducks are undefeated!" The team cheered together. "Quack! Quack! Quack!" Coach started making the team look at each other before they began chanting with him, "Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!" The crowd joined the chant and the Ducks were ready and fired up.

It was 2-1 in the beginning, Ducks were behind but with a determined look shared between them, they began fighting back. The Ducks were undefeated and they plan to keep it that way for as long as they can. Jesse eventually shot the first goal, winking at Daisy who was in the bench box making her smile and shake her head. The Cardinals had the puck as Coach called for defence resulting in Karp being hit in the helmet with the puck, everyone rushed over to him. "I don't wanna go to school today mom," Karp said completely out of it.

Coach looked down at Karp, "Karp, How many fingers am I holding up?" Peter looked up at Coach with a smirk, "He wouldn't know that anyway." Bombay rolled his eyes, "Shut up, Peter! Karp, are you okay?" Averman leaned into Daisy, "Look at this, the Karpster used his head to stop the puck!" Daisy looked up at Averman, "Not now, man." She moved away from him causing him to fall to the ice. They got Karp off of the ice and resumed the game, Daisy was on the edge of her seat waiting for her line change, she needed to get out there and score some shots.

Coach called in the team, "Alright, time for the secret weapon." He was referring to Fulton who nodded as the team smirked. Daisy was sent out onto the ice and she took the face-off, winning the puck before passing it to Jesse who quickly passed it to Fulton. Fulton wound up to shoot the puck causing the Cardinals to cower but stopped halfway for Guy to get the puck and shoot it in the goal. The game ended in a tie leaving the Ducks proud of themselves and ready for the next game, they all cheered together happily thanks to their first win.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy finished getting changed putting on her cap before closing her locker and picking up her duffel bag. She made her way out of the locker room only to be stopped by Charlie, "Hey Daisy, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" Daisy smiled at the boy and nodded, "Yeah, I'd love to!" The two made their way out saying bye to Bombay and his limo driver before heading towards the park. It was a comfortable silence between the two twelve-year-olds as they walked to the park, they were enjoying the day's win and despite the chilly weather, they felt warm.

They both sat down on the swings, lightly swinging as they stayed silent. Daisy's mind was calm and relaxed while Charlie's was running a mile per minute with different emotions and topics. Daisy looked over at the Conway boy and smiled, "I can practically see the smoke leaving your ears." Charlie looked over at her with wide eyes, "What?" Daisy giggled and push off the ground to swing a bit more. "You're thinking too hard. Just breathe, Conway," Daisy tells him before closing her eyes and looking up to the sky listening to the nearby busy streets.

Charlie admired the carefree girl who happened to steal his focus often when they are on the ice, he had never paid as much attention in the past. The two of them practically grew up together on that lake, even when the other guys came in and began talking about how crazy they thought it was that Daisy and Connie were so interested in Hockey. Of course, the others knew Connie and Guy were bound to be together, so Daisy was the majority of their focus. Charlie hadn't looked at her as anything more than a friend and fellow teammate until after Bombay told her what she said about him.

Charlie truly believed that Daisy would make it far in Hockey, her skills were almost unmatched and she hadn't reached her full potential yet. She was agile, fast and smart on the ice and she wasn't afraid to stand her ground and fight back against the bigger players. Charlie was really beginning to see Daisy Jacobs in a new light and he wasn't hating it, he was genuinely curious about what could happen. "You're an amazing player, Conway. I'm glad we are on the same team," Daisy says as she opened her eyes, looking at the boy. They spent the rest of the afternoon talking and teasing each other.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1570}