2.4

⊱ ─ Mending Hearts ─ ⊰

Daisy sat behind Fulton with Dean sitting next to her, the two boys had quickly taken the spots closest to her before Jesse and Averman could. It was their first class with Miss Mckay and they were sitting outside by the lake in a nice weather. "Ancient Greece was the beginning of Western Civilization. See, in Greece, they didn't have professional sports, or Wheaties boxes. So, the athletes competed for another reason. Anybody?" Miss Mckay asks the team. "Falafels?" Goldberg answered making the team laugh.

Daisy shook her head at Goldberg's reponse as Charlie raised his hand. "Charlie?" Miss Mckay looked at him, everyone following her gaze to the Conway boy. "Pride," Charlie replies getting a smile from Miss Mckay. "That's right! The city states waved their flags and wore their home colors proudly," Miss Mckay explains. "Did America always dominate?" Fulton asked and everyone laughed causing the boy's cheeks to flush red in embarrassment.

Dean glared at the ones who laughed, "It was a good question!" Daisy nodded in agreement with Dean as everyone quieted down. "No, America wasn't around back then. Don't forget compared to other countries, America is still young. It's still forming it's own identity. America is a teenager, just like you," Miss Mckay explains to the teenagers. "Like us?" Jesse asks. "You bet, a little awkward at times. But always right there on the verge of greatness," Miss Mckay says making them all smile.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy was walking with Dean and Fulton, the three of them talking about music when Guy and Jesse shoved the boys out of the way and linked their arms with Daisy's making her look at them slightly confused. "What's up, boys?" Daisy asks them as they continue walking down the pathway. Neither of the boys said anything leaving Daisy clueless and slightly concerned about what they might be up too. It wasn't until they reached a table where Charlie was sitting and looking out to the lake as Jesse and Guy let go off her and lightly pushed her to him.

Daisy looked back at them but they simply winked and ran off with wide grins on their faces. Daisy took a deep breath before she walked over to the table, stopping next to it and leaning on it. "It's beautiful today, isn't it?" Daisy asks as she focused on the shimmering lake. Charlie turned his head to look at her, he smiled seeing her long wavy hair that seemed to turn golden in the sunlight. "It is. But I've seen something that out shines this view," Charlie replied before he stood up taking a deep breath.

Daisy smiled as she turned to him as they both spoke at the same time - "I'm Sorry." The two of them laughed quietly before sitting down on the table. "We lost touch and I guess it... kind of sucked," Charlie says after a moment of silence between the two. "I know what you mean, Charlie. But, this is a chance of a lifetime for both of us. And I guess... I may have accepted the offer to see you again," Daisy tells him with a light blush before avoiding eye contact with him. Charlie looked over at Daisy with a smirk on her face, "Did you say because of me?"

Daisy bit the inside of her cheek to stop a smile on her face as she playfully rolled her eyes. "I don't think I heard you correctly," Charlie teased as he leaned in closer to her. Daisy playfully crossed her arms and turned away from Charlie making him laugh as she try her best not to smile. "Daisy~" Charlie sung out as he began tickling her. "C-Charlie, S-stop!" Daisy barely got out as she giggled making Charlie laugh with her. "Alright, A-alright!" Daisy yelled out. Charlie stopped tickling her, his hands resting on her waist as they looked at each other.

She smiled up at Charlie, "I agreed to join Team U.S.A to see you again. I missed the ducks but... Not even two years apart could tear you from my thoughts." Daisy let out a breath slowing her heart rate as she looked down slightly, "I meant what I told you Charlie Conway, no one would ever compare to you. And I understand completely if you did move on or if you didn't but I needed you to know." Charlie blushed hearing those words, he finally got the answer he needed. The guys all kept telling him that all they needed to do was talk and the girls were telling Daisy the same thing, and now here they are.

Charlie lifted her head with his fingers, his left hand still holding Daisy's waist. "I couldn't look at anyone else without having you invade my thoughts. When you left, you took a piece of me but when I saw you on the ice again, it was like that missing piece had returned. I don't care about what happens tomorrow, because today, in this moment, you're here with me," Charlie carefully cupped Daisy's face, his eyes flickered down to her lips causing a smile to appear and without any further hesitation, he kissed her.

You know how people say that metaphor; "It felt like fireworks"? Well, to Charlie Conway and Daisy Jacobs, that's what that kiss felt like. The two were thrown back two years and suddenly, it was like nothing ever changed between them and that - That was the first steps to their true connection. Charlie knew for certain that this time, he wasn't gonna let her get away and Daisy knew she wouldn't let go. To the world, they were a couple of kids - only fourteen-years-old - But to them, they were two stars in the velvet blue sky and no matter how far the distance is between them, they knew they'd find each other again.

Daisy pulled back and smiled as she let air back into lungs, "Wow... I definitely missed that." Charlie chuckled lightly as he rested his forehead against hers, "I missed you." Daisy swiftly kissed him, sudden cheers caught their attention. They both turned to see the whole team smiling and cheering for the two; who both flushed red from the sudden attention on them. "It's about time, Spazway!" Jesse teased before nudging Guy who then handed him two dollars. Daisy rolled her eyes at the two before jumping off the table, "Alright, you had your fun, now bugger off!" They all laughed before walking away.

Luis stopped and smirked looking back at Charlie and Daisy, "Yo, Flash. If you wanna mix things up, I'm here-" Fulton and Dean lifted Luis up from under his arms and carried him away making Daisy laugh while Charlie rolled his eyes. "Thanks boys!" Daisy shouted to them before she took a deep breath to relax her racing heart. Charlie jumped off the table and stepped up next to Daisy with his usual sweet smile, "So Daisy, will you be my girlfriend?" Daisy smiled, "Yes, Charlie." Charlie swiftly kissed her before lifting her in his arms.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1186}