1.6

⊱ ─ The Truths Out ─ ⊰

The team had another game and it was extremely important for them as it would decide whether or not they would go to the playoffs. Daisy and Charlie had arrived together, laughing and lightly shoving each other. Daisy noticed that Peter, Jesse and Terry hadn't gotten changed into their gear, she gave them a questioning look but they simply ignored her. Coach Bombay entered the room with a smile that turned into a frown when he noticed that the three boys weren't in their gear. "Hey, why aren't you guys in uniform? We got warm-ups in half an hour." Coach told them but they just stared at him.

Charlie playfully nudged Daisy making her giggle and look at him, he made his eyes go crossed-eyed making her laugh more as Coach cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, "Alright everyone, listen up! I got some good news. We're getting a new player, Adam Banks." Daisy looked up at Coach instantly as the team scoffed and disagreed. "He's a Hawk!" Karp exclaimed in shock and annoyance. "He's a good player," Bombay rebuttals. "Everybody hates him," Jesse says as he glared at their Coach which didn't go unnoticed by Daisy.

Guy crossed his arms, "We don't need him." Averman nodded, "Yeah, we've got Daisy." Daisy smiled at him before looking back at Coach Bombay. "Look, I'm the coach and I say we do need him. If we make it to playoffs, he could be a big help," Bombay says offending the boys on the team. "If? All of a sudden, you don't think we're good enough," Karp exclaims angrily. "No, he thinks we're losers! That's what he told Reilly," Peter informs the team who were surprised, they turned to Bombay with hurt and angered expressions. "Wait, you said what?" Daisy asks, her voice cracking in the process which caught the team's attention.

Bombay shook his head before turning to the three boys, "What?" Peter looked from the team to Bombay, "We heard what you said. You said we were losers, we didn't deserve to live." Daisy leaned back against her locker, her usual bubbly smile faded into a frown as she looked down. Charlie noticed instantly, hating the lack of a smile on her face as Daisy was the one who usually had faith no matter what. But he knew that there had to be some kind of mistake, Bombay wouldn't bring them together like this only to destroy it with some words to Reilly. "That's not what I meant," Bombay softly defended looking at Peter.

Peter stood up, "I saw that picture of you missing that goal." Peter walked towards Bombay with his jersey in hand, "You were a Hawk, weren't you? Guess you guys stick together to the end." Peter glanced at Daisy who was still looking down before focusing back on Bombay, "You know what? I don't need your stinkin' equipment." Peter threw the jersey to the ground and walked out of the locker room ignoring Bombay's demands to come back. Daisy wrapped her arms around herself as Jesse spoke up, "Forget it, Cake-eater. If you want to play, play with yourself. Come on, Terry."

The Hall brothers left the room ignoring Bombay as he shook his head, "I don't believe this." Daisy looked up at Bombay, the sad look was enough to break a grown man's heart. "All right, I'm goin' up to the bench because that's where I'm supposed to be. Anyone who wants to join me can join me. Anyone who doesn't..." Bombay trailed off looking at Charlie then Daisy, "Well..." He left the locker room. Daisy looked up at Charlie and nodded before she, Charlie and Fulton headed out to the ice, the three of them tossed their helmets onto the ice and skated around before looking up at Bombay who told the ref that the Ducks forfeit.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy walked into the house with her duffel bag on her shoulder and her head down, she knew it seemed pathetic but the girl felt like crying. After so long, the team finally came together and began to win games and prove they were more then some useless group of no-good kids and now it was over. Everyone coach they had would pick on them or just yell at them and now, Bombay had let her down too. Miranda walked into the livingroom ready to ask about the game but the girl broke into tears instead, falling into her mother's arms. Miranda rubbed her back and soothed her with soft hums hoping to help her calm down.

Once the young girl calmed down, she explained everything to her mother with a few small sobs here and there. She took deep breaths and blew her nose before leaning back against the couch, "We all worked so hard and now it was for nothing... Jesse and Peter won't talk to me because I went out on the ice and the others aren't too keen to speak with me either." Miranda smiled sadly at her daughter, "Honey, you need to stand strong. You love Hockey, of course, you'd go out on the ice. The other's just feel betrayed but you are kids, they'll get over it." Daisy sniffled and nodded as her mother handed her a glass of water.

After Daisy took a sip, she let out a sigh and looked up at the clock on the wall. "Hey mom, could I go skate down at the lake to think everything over? I'll be back before dark," Daisy asks with a small smile. Miranda thought for a moment before nodding, "Yes you can. Be careful, sweetie." Daisy nodded and grabbed her skates, the laces were tied together so she hung them around her neck after she put on her Ducks jersey over her shirt. She kissed her mom's cheek before walking out the door and headed off to the lake.

She was walking around the corner when she bumped into someone causing them both to fall to the ground. Daisy looked up and giggled when she made eye contact with the one and only, Charlie Conway except he had red, puffy eyes. "Charlie, are you okay?" Daisy asks as he helped her up. "I spoke with Coach. He's gonna let Mr Hall coach us instead because the team doesn't trust him," Charlie explained sniffling. Daisy wrapped her arms around Charlies shoulders and let him snuggled into her shoulder with his arms around her waist. Charlie melted into Daisy's embrace taking in deep breaths, he really needed this and was glad it was Daisy.

Daisy closed her eyes and rubbed his back soothingly, she remembered her mother's words and knew she had to do something, she just wasn't sure what. The two kids pulled away from each other and laughed quietly at the state they were in before Charlie questioned where she was going. "I'm heading to the lake to do some skating, it's a great place to think," Daisy says with a smile. "I would join you but I should head home and get my homework done," Charlie tells her, mentally wishing he had finished it the night before. He was seriously considering ditching his homework but didn't feel like facing his mother's wrath.

Daisy nodded, "I completely understand." They were both quiet for a moment until Daisy leaned in and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you in school tomorrow," Daisy whispered to him before heading off to the lake with a skip in her step. Charlie stood there dumbfounded as he slowly lifted his hand to lightly touch his cheek where her lips touched, his heart was racing as he gulped to himself. He blushed a deep crimson red as she turned back to look at him with her wide smile and a cheeky wink before disappearing into the distance leaving the Conway boy completed stunned and infatuated.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy stopped when she spotted Adam Banks on the ice with his Hawks equipment, he was skating in circles when he noticed Daisy watching him. She walked over to the bench and put on her skates before skating over to him, "I heard you are supposed to be joining the Ducks." Banks scoffed and looked away from Daisy who looked down, "I'm not sure if you heard but the team ditched after finding out that Bombay was a Hawk." Banks looked back at Daisy noticing the sad look on her face. "Well, it's their loss. It'd be pretty great to work with you on the ice rather than against," Banks says with a smile on his face.

Daisy smiled back before snatching the hockey stick from his hands. "Hey!" Banks called as she skated away with it. "Come and get it, Cake-eater," Daisy teased with a smirk on her face. Adam shook his head with a smile before skating after her trying his hardest to catch up to her. "What are you? The Flash on Ice?" Banks panted after a few minutes of chasing her. Daisy laughed and stopped to look at him, "You're playing like a Hawk, you gotta learn to play like a Duck." Banks rolled his eyes before turning away from her.

She laughed before skating closer to him, he quickly spun around and grabbed her by the waist causing them to slip to the ice. They both laughed together as they just laid there. "I know it sucks, Banksy. But trust me, when the team gets over it," Daisy turned to look at Adam, "You'll fit right in. Just give it time." Banks nodded before getting up and helping Daisy to her feet, they skated around for a little while longer before saying their goodbyes and heading home. Daisy was feeling a lot better and her faith for the Ducks had returned, she knew they'd come together again; it was just a matter of time.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1672}