3.3

⊱ ─ First Practice ─ ⊰

The Ducks made their way through the school and into the ice rink locker rooms to change into their different signature hockey gear. They made their way back into the ice rink looking around with wonder as the Warrior team practised, Daisy stood with Connie and Guy away from Charlie. "Wow, it's so big," Dwayne said slightly stunned by the large rink. "You know, I bet they have a snack bar here," Goldberg added with a smile. "Big deal," Fulton said as they watched the Warriors skate around. "They look pretty good," Luis added.

Daisy looked towards Charlie noticing the look he had, he didn't want to believe that the Warriors were better. "They sure won a lot of championships," Julie stated as they all looked up at the banners. "They're not so hot," Charlie said looking to his side where Daisy usually stood but frowned when he noticed she wasn't there. He lifted his head and looked over to her talking with Guy about the Warriors. "Come on guys, we're good too, remember? I didn't see them at the Goodwill Games," Daisy assured making the others cheer in agreement.

They made their way towards the entrance only to be stopped by a couple of Warriors. "If it isn't Captain Ducky," Riley, the Captain of the Warriors, taunted with his hand patting Charlie's chest. "Get your hands off him," Fulton shoved Riley back from Charlie. "Oh look, a bash brother. I'm so scared," Cole taunted next. Riley looked over at Daisy, "Hey Flash, welcome to our school." He winked at her as Coach Wilson skated over, "Break it up!" The Warriors skated away as the Ducks skated onto the ice.

Charlie turned to Dwayne, stopping next to Daisy, lightly brushing her hand with his. "How about it, Cowboy? Round up?" Charlie asked Dwayne who smiled and nodded. "Hey, Charlie. Shouldn't we wait for the new coach before we mess around?" Connie asked with Daisy and Julie nodding in agreement. "This is how we practice. Duck hockey, Connie. You'll have to get used to it sooner or later," Charlie explained making the others nod and smile. "Well, come on, Cowboy. You heard our Captain. Hit it!" Daisy said before they all split up skating away from Dwayne.

After getting Averman, Fulton and Guy out, Dwayne finally caught Charlie who fell to the ground at the feet of their new coach. Daisy's eyes widened at who was standing there as she skated up beside Fulton. "My name is Coach Orion. You can call me "Coach" or "Coach Orion"." Orion introduced sternly before glancing over at Daisy. "Well, you can call me Charlie," Charlie introduced himself sticking out his hand making the ducks laugh except for Daisy. "That must be what that "C" on your jersey stands for, huh? It sure doesn't stand for "Captain"," Orion spoke.

Daisy looked down after noticing the hurt and anger in Charlie's expression while the others went silent due to the comment. "Sorry Coach, we were just messin' with you, you know?" Russ explained. "Hey, Bombay gave him that "C"," Goldberg added. "And I respect that, but that's the past. This is my team now, and I'll be selecting the Captain," Orion stated as he glanced at Daisy again, this time Charlie noticed. "You gotta be kidding me, right? I mean, you're the rookie here. We all been together for four years," Charlie exclaim, slightly annoyed.

Orion ignored the team as they all agreed together. "Okay, Charlie, laps. Right now," Orion ordered. "How many, Coach Orion?" Charlie asked with some attitude. "I don't recall saying," Orion answered making Charlie sigh. Charlie started his laps as Orion made his way closer to the others. "Now you listen up, and you listen up good. We are here for one reason and one reason only. You know what that is? It starts with a "W"," Orion asked Averman. "To win, Coach Orion, sir!" Averman answered confidently.

Daisy sighed as she looked over to Charlie, the two made eye contact and Charlie rolled his eyes looking away from her. Daisy felt a pang in her heart and her shoulders slumped slightly, Adam nudged her slightly and sent her a sympathetic smile. "No," Orion said nonchalantly making a few of the Ducks chuckle until Orion glared at them. "To work!" Orion demanded. "High school hockey is very hard work. And it all begins... with defence. I've seen your tapes. I know you can score goals, I just don't know if you can stop them," Orion stated.

Goldberg scoffed, "Hey!" Orion glared at him making him apologise. "You're not kids or little ducks anymore, so I'm not gonna treat you that way. You're gonna learn to play two-way hockey: offence and defence. It's gonna take one thing. It starts with a W," Orion continued. "To work, Coach Orion, sir!" Averman spoke loudly. "Wrong. Will. It's gonna take Will... if you want to play in my barn," Orion corrected him. "All right. Count off. Let's climb the ladder," Orion ordered.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Goldberg was in the goal with everyone prepping to take shots at him. "Whoo, all right, Banks. Let's see what you got, baby. Come on. Bring it up," Goldberg taunted as Banks skated up and hit the puck into the goal. "Nice shot. Very nice," Goldberg said. Guy went next then Dwayne followed by Averman who missed his shot. Daisy let out a breath before skating forward and faking out Goldberg, hitting the puck into the goal making her smile. She turned to Orion who nodded slightly before looking back at the others.

Kenny tried to spin in the air and shoot the puck but he fell into Goldberg. "Knock that off!" Orion ordered Kenny. "Goldberg, when's the last time you practised?" Orion asked the goalie. "Well, uh... We don't really practise, per se. We either play or play around. You know, have fun. You know, that thing that makes you smile and laugh?" Goldberg said before laughing slightly, stopping under the Coach's glare. Daisy looked over to see Julie stopping all of the pucks being shot her way and with one look over to Orion, she knew Julie would be playing.

Everyone headed off of the ice but Charlie who was still doing laps. "Jacobs!" Orion called. Daisy took a breath and skated over to him, "Yes Coach?" He leaned on his hockey stick. "You've improved," Orion stated. "Yeah, well... What can I say? I had a great Coach and a great Captain," Daisy answered back. Charlie overheard her and smiled to himself. "I understand that, Jacobs. However, you have Captaincy potential. Maybe that should be your focus," Orion said before skating away.

Daisy looked up at Charlie before turning around and heading to the locker room. "Somebody get a shovel and bury me right here," Goldberg said as he sat down on the bench. "I will teach you to play like what? Starts with a "W"!" Charlie mocked Coach Orion as Daisy sat down. "Wussies," Averman answered back. "That's right. Wussies on offence and defence!" Charlie continued as he sat down next to Daisy. Daisy was slightly dazed checking out her boyfriend, despite him being sweaty, he looked really hot to her.

Charlie turned to Daisy and noticed her checking him out making him smirk slightly, he leaned towards her. "Are you alright, babe?" Charlie whispered into her ear making her shiver. Daisy cleared her throat, "I-I'm f-fine..." He smiled as she blushed but the moment was ruined when Daisy remembered the girl from the hall and Charlie remembered Riley's flirting towards Daisy causing both of them to scoot away from one another, which didn't go unnoticed by the team.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1290}