3.9

⊱ ─ Losing Their Edge ─ ⊰

Charlie knocked lightly on Daisy's window at four in the morning, she opened her eyes and raised her hand to signal that the window was unlocked. Charlie opened the window and climbed in before kicking his shoes off and climbing under the covers with Daisy, she immediately snuggled into his chest. "Should I take center or left wing?" Daisy asked Charlie who thought for a moment. "Left wing, you play your best there," Charlie answered before smiling down at her sleepy expression. A smirk started to appear on his face before he leaned down and kissed Daisy.

Daisy pulled back slightly as she covered her mouth, "Morning breath." Charlie shrugged, "I don't care." He pulled her hand away and kissed her again. After a few minutes of making out, Charlie let Daisy get ready for the day. The two skated together to the school and met up with the rest of the team before heading into the locker room and getting into their gear. Daisy took a deep breath before following the others out onto the ice where the Varsity team was waiting for them, Riley glared at her making her smirked at him as she skated up next to Charlie.

Charlie took center against Riley, the two of them hit their sticks on the ice until Riley swung his stick at Charlie making him fall to the ice. Riley skated down the center ice, Connie and Daisy were quick to block him but he managed to shove his way through them, knocking the two girls down. Riley and his team laughed as Daisy helped Connie up, Daisy glared over at Riley before rolling her eyes knowing that there was no point in letting them get to her.

The Varsity team were playing with no mercy, it was like they were playing Iceland again and it began to throw the J.V team off of their game. They even attempted the flying V but to no avail and Daisy was beginning to worry as the team seemed to be falling apart. Daisy took an opportunity to take the puck from Adam, she shoved him into the boards. "I'm sorry Daisy, I didn't know until it was too late," Adam spoke but she looked up at him with sad eyes.

Daisy sighed, "You still betrayed us, Cake-eater." Daisy moved back and shoved him down before taking the puck and skating for the goal. As she went to shoot the puck, Riley slammed his stick into her side. Charlie rushed over and shoved Riley back, "Don't touch her!" Riley scoffed before shoving Charlie. Daisy pulled Charlie away before linking her skate under Riley's making him fall backwards onto his ass, just like Bombay taught them.

Charlie was going for the goal when Adam kept hitting him, Charlie lifted his hand hitting Adam in the back causing the two to collide into the goal. "How do you like it, Banks?" Charlie asked his former friend. "Yeah, nice takedown. You'd be in the box," Adam argued back. Daisy rolled her eyes as the began pushing and shoving each other, soon enough almost everyone was involved. Daisy was linking her skates under others casually making the Varsity boys fall to the ice.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

It wasn't until a loud whistle caught their attention. "Freeze!" Orion shouted. Orion began pulling people apart from each other before turning to the Varsity team, "It's a damn good thing I'm not your coach. Now, get your team out of here now! Varsity team, out! Let's go!" Orion shouted causing the Varsity team to leave. Daisy let out a breath before skating up next to Charlie, the two interlocked their hands as Orion turned to them with a glare.

Orion rested his hands on his hips, "Well, congratulations. You just forfeited whatever mental edge you might have had over the varsity. Now they know they own you." Daisy looked down slightly realising that he was right. Iceland had similar tactics, the team was really losing their edge again. "This isn't the Peewees. Your little Duck tricks are not gonna work at this level. Now, for the last time, stay awat from the varsity," Orion ordered before looking around at the team.

He shook his head, "And get those Duck jerseys off now. Let's go!" Everyone stayed still. "Now. Come on, let's go. Take them off!" Orion ordered. The team began removing the jerseys except for Charlie and Daisy. "The Ducks are dead. You got two choices, Conway, Jacobs. Take off the jersey right now or you don't play," Orion tells them. "You're breaking up the best thing any of us ever had," Charlie replies. "Well, it's time to grow up," Orion answered back.

Charlie scoffed, "Grow up? Like you, huh? A washed-up pro who has to show off go a bunch of kids. Geez, that's a real grown up." Orion rolled his eyes as Daisy took in a breath. "Okay, goodbye Conway," Orion said with hesitation. Charlie shook his head and skated off to the door as Orion spoke, "Anybody else?" Daisy followed after Charlie with Fulton following behind them. "Goodbye Jacobs and Fulton," Orion finished off before turning to the team.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Daisy had no idea where Charlie and Fulton went off to, she decided to just stay home and work on getting her grades up. She knew that she'd still have to have high grades for a chance to potentially stay at the school. A soft knock on her door caught her attention, she made her way over and opened it. "Mom?" Daisy was stunned as her mother stood there. "Hey sweetie, can we talk?" Miranda asked making Daisy sigh before nodding.

Daisy and Miranda sat down on the couch in silence until Miranda cleared her throat, "I'm divorcing him. I'm moving back here and I want you to live with me. I never should've disowned you for following your dreams, I was wrong and you were right. Oh, Daisy... I am so sorry for what I said to you." Daisy jumped up into her mother's arms and cried into her shoulder. Miranda rubbed her daughters back as a few tears escaped her eyes, she was just glad that her daughter didn't hate her for what she said.

The two spoke endlessly about everything that had happened in their past two years apart, Daisy was stunned by the busy life her mother had. While Miranda was proud of her daughter, she was also glad that her brother was coaching the team. She knew that Ted Orion cared deeply for Hockey and he adored children, he always did. Miranda smiled at her daughter as she spoke highly about Charlie and about how much she missed Bombay, Miranda was so happy to see the bright smile on her daughters face.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Later that night, Charlie had shown up at the house and Miranda cooked for all of them before she had to leave for an early flight to finalize everything. Daisy was laying with her head on Charlie's chest, he was drawing random patterns into her arm that rested across his torso with his other hand behind his head. "Everything works out in the end, just gotta let it flow," Daisy spoke softly making Charlie laugh. "Remember when Peter used to tell us that all the time?" Charlie asked Daisy who nodded instantly.

She thought back to their time in the Peewees, "Yeah. Then Karp, Averman, Terry and Jesse would tease him or push him around because he was the smallest in the group." Charlie nodded in agreement, "Didn't stop him from being the strongest though." Daisy laughed. The young couple rambled on about their childhood memories until they dozed off, both of them happy to just be there with each other in the moment.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Author Note
I previously mentioned that Daisy was related to Stansson from D2, that connected to her former stepfather that her mother is now divorcing. While Ted Orion is Miranda's biological brother, making him her uncle.

Just to let you know!
I really enjoy tying the character into the storyline.

-Rose <3
{1356}