2.3

⊱ ─ Becoming a Team ─ ⊰

The team had their first practice as Team U.S.A and Coach Bombay had them all tied together which Daisy thought was a great way for them to work together but the others weren't so agreeable. "This is more crowded than a truckload of goats," Dwayne complained making Daisy giggle which he noticed straight away. "Come on, guys. It isn't so bad," Daisy stated with her usual sweet smile. "Someone licked me," Averman yelled gaining Daisy's attention to him. "Ugh, I smell something," Fulton said making everyone stop. "Goldberg!" Everyone shouted in unison.

Goldberg instantly scoffed, "It wasn't me!" Portman raised his arms with a proud smile, "No, it was me!" Everyone shook their heads at the goon. "I don't know how to make this any clearer. You are a team, and to win this thing you all have to work as one. Now as one, skate," Coach Bombay orders. They all attempted to skate in opposite directions leading them to topple over each other causing the rope to loosen and fall to the ground. Daisy landed on Charlie, she turned her head to the blushing boy and smiled at him before Fulton helped her up.

Bombay shook his head, "Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down. Now get up and try it again." They all got back up and Bombay readjusted the rope around them. "Alright, all of you! Move to your right, now!" Portman commanded. "Who made you boss? Everyone to the left," Fulton decided only for them to all fall to the ground again. "I bet those two will be best friends by tomorrow," Daisy whispered to Connie and Julie who both nodded in agreement. "You can argue all you want, but I am not untying you until you move as one," Bombay informs them.

Almost six tries later, the team finally managed to move as one with Charlie calling the shots after Daisy told everyone to follow him. "That's it! Now you're learning. Communication! Move together! Charge!" Bombay encouraged, "Alright, right turn." Everyone followed his order making him smile. He untied the rope allowing them to move away from that close vicinity of each other. "You guys are starting to look like hockey players. I'm proud of you, team. You worked hard today," Bombay started with a smile, "But hockey... should also be fun."

Daisy and Jesse looked at each other with smiles due to the mischievous smirk on Bombay's face, "Rancher Dwayne?" Dwayne looked at Bombay, "Yes, sir?" Bombay smirked and handed him the rope, "Round me up some stray cattle there." Everyone looked at each other with wide eyes. "My pleasure!" Dwayne responded before turning to the others. Everyone quickly split up and skated off trying to avoid Dwayne, hiding behind each other or sacrificing one another.

Daisy laughed as she dodged him and kept up with Luis and Adam, she smirked at Adam and the two cheekily tripped Luis letting Dwayne catch him before they split up laughing. Daisy continued laughing as Dwayne did his best to try and catch up but gave up once she was the last one on the ice, the other Ducks cheering for her as she hugged Dwayne. They all got into lines as Dwayne taught them to line dance, some of them struggled while others were pretty good. Daisy was just glad she could play hockey because she was a hopeless dancer, that much she knew for certain.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"Ta-da!" Tibbles exclaimed while revealing a Wheaties box with the team's picture on it leaving them all stunned. Daisy smiled widely as she stood next to Jesse and Averman, she had practically fallen back into her old habits, like as if she had never left at all. "Hey y'all, that's us!" Dwayne pointed out. "Really?" Jesse sarcastically asked as the others laughed. "Today, it's a Wheaties box. Tomorrow, it's video games, action figures, lunchboxes. The sky is the limit. Now! Just to make sure everyone knows who you are, try one of these," Tibbles said proudly showing the team their new jerseys.

Everyone excitedly searched for their jerseys while showing them off to each other. "Brought to you by those wonderful people at Hendrix for all your hockey needs. Fulton, there you go!" Tibbles says throwing Fulton his jersey. Daisy picked up her jersey and smiled seeing her ongoing number, 62 under her last name. She smiled up towards the sky for a moment before adjusting the bracelet on her wrist, moving to stand in the back while everyone else went crazy over the new jerseys. Daisy looked over to Charlie noticing the slight frown on his face, they hadn't spoken to each other yet but she found herself admiring him.

Even after two years, the Conway boy stole her attention and consumed her every thought. It took her four months to finally try out for the New York Panthers, her heart and soul yearned to be back in her Ducks jersey that sat framed above her bed. Almost two months after getting on the team, she had taken the captain spot and was labelled the best player where the nickname "Flash on Ice" returned. When Don Tibbles offered her the opportunity, she didn't do it for the opportunity of playing for Team U.S.A, she did it to play alongside the Ducks again.

She agreed, so she could see Charlie Conway again. Being in the Junior Goodwill Games was an honour but nothing meant more to the Jacobs girl than playing alongside her best friends, the Ducks and the opportunity to see the boy who still had her heart. And now, she began to realise that things were different and time had passed - Perhaps he no longer felt the same, maybe he moved on and that's why he's avoiding her. But as the girl got lost in conversation with Adam, Charlie looked over at her asking himself the same question - Does she feel the same? And could this opportunity feed the spark between them?

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1006}