3.13

⊱ ─ Ducks vs Warriors pt.1 ─ ⊰

Orion stood in front of the Ducks, they were all down on their knee in front of him. "All right. I've been doing my homework on the varsity. I'm not going to lie to you, they're good," Orion began. Daisy and Charlie shared a look before Charlie looked to Fulton and Daisy looked to Guy, nodding. "The way they wiped your faces in the dirt last time was no fluke. So, if you want your pride back, you better be willing to work. There's nothing glamorous about it," Orion continued.

Orion sighed looking at each and every one of the players, "In the pros, we call it blue-collar hockey.  Now, there's one thing the Varsity does very well, they're vultures around the net. They pick up every piece of loose trash, that's how they beat you. Not with the first shot; the second and the third. They bang in the junk. So, if you wanna win, you're gonna have to pick up the trash." Orion poured out the contents of a garbage bin onto the ice.

Averman picked up a moldy bagel, "Have any cream cheese?" Daisy laughed and shook her head at Averman. The drill was, Orion would hit the garbage in front of the net and the team had to clear it out. Once the team cleared most of it out, Orion blew the whistle. "Let's go! Get over here, grab a knee," Orion demanded as they skated over. "You guys are not skating like Warriors! You look like something else," Orion said before pausing for a moment as the team looked at each other. Orion opened the box that sat next to him, "You look like Ducks."

He pulled out the old Duck jerseys, everyone cheered before they all grabbed their separate Duck jerseys. Daisy pulled her jersey on, it got stuck making Charlie chuckle. "That brings back memories," Charlie said as he helped her pull it on. Daisy giggled before pecking Charlie's lips, "Thank you." They all began to Quack together as they skated around the rink. Daisy skated up to Orion, "Congratulations, you are officially a Duck, Uncle Ted." He smiled before hugging her, both of them smiling at the rest of the Ducks.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The day was here, the JV-Varsity showdown. "Fasten your seatbelts and hold onto your hats, everyone. Oh, do we have a special showdown for you. David versus Goliath in a titanic grudge match. The winner can truly say that he is the symbol of Eden Hall. Tonight the Eden Hall varsity Warriors do battle with... the Eden Hall freshmen Ducks." Josh announced as the Ducks skated out onto the ice. "That's right, folks, look at those uniforms. The sign of the Duck is here at Eden Hall for at least one night," Josh finished.

The Ducks stood at the bench facing Charlie, "This is for Hans." The Ducks skated out in a single file line and closed into a tight circle while running their left hand over the ice as a symbol of respect to Hans. "It appears they're paying homage to their departed friend and mentor, Hans. The touching of the ice is a Norwegian symbol of respect," Josh added as the crowd cheered. Daisy could feel Hans' spirit was with them tonight, they were ready for this.

Then they returned to the bench where Orion was waiting for them, "All right, let's go hunting for goose eggs, huh? Come on, hands in. On three... Quack." The Ducks all smiled at each other, Charlie smiled at Orion. "One... Two... Three... Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack! Go Ducks!" They all cheered together, the crowd quacked with them. Daisy looked up to the crowd spotting her mother, Kasey, Mr Hall, Jesse, Terry and Peter who had come to see them play.

Daisy was sitting on the bench with Connie as Adam took center against Riley who was clearly trash talking Adam. The ref blew the whistle and Riley knocked Adam down, taking the puck and sailing it down to the net. Thankfully, Julie saved it. "Daisy, your on," Orion said with a proud smile. Daisy smirked and pulled on her helmet before going out onto the center ice. "Well, hello there, little ducky. You sure you wanna play with the big boys?" Riley taunted.

Daisy smirked at him, "Oh please, I played Iceland... You're Peewee compared to them, princess. Now, lets play some real hockey." Riley glared at Daisy. The ref blew the whistle and without hesitation, Daisy knocked Riley down and took the puck, passing it to Charlie. "Like I said, Peewee," Daisy teased before skating off. Riley angrily hit the ice before getting up and skating towards Daisy, he threw down his stick on her leg forcing her to the ground.

Charlie skated over with Fulton and the two of them pushed Riley away. Charlie tried to fight him but Adam and Fulton stopped him, the three of them turning to Daisy who managed to sit herself up against the boards. Riley was put into the penalty box as Charlie knelt down to Daisy, "How bad is it?" Daisy took a breath. "I'll have to sit out for a bit, but I'm okay. I promise," Daisy assured. Charlie helped her up, she slowly put pressure on her leg and let out a breath of relief.

She nodded to the boys as they helped her into the bench. "I'm alright, just need a short break," Daisy assured Orion who hesitantly agreed. They focused back on the game and it was pretty brutal between the two teams out on the ice. Second period came around and Varsity were playing harder than ever. They were flipping, shoving and scoring like mad but the Ducks refused to back down. Neither team had yet to score a point.

Julie had been knocked out of the net, scrambling back quickly to stop the puck from going in. The Warriors had the puck again, Guy took it from one of the players but was roughly slammed into the boards and he wasn't getting back up. Daisy comforted Connie as they watched the medics take Guy into the locker room. With only five seconds left in the second period, Charlie was on a breakaway, he shot the puck but it was saved by the goalie. The Ducks trudged back into the locker room after the buzzer.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Orion walked in behind his team. "You're playing hard. I'm proud of you guys," Orion praised his team. "They're cheap-shotting us to death, Coach," Luis complained. "I know they are, I know they are," Orion answered. "It's going to take a miracle for us to hold on," Averman added. As soon as he said that, the locker room door slammed open. "Dean Portman is awarded a full athletic and academic scholarship to the Eden Hall Academy," Dean Portman read out.

The Ducks all smiled happily. "I had this lying around the house in Chicago. My attorney thought I should sign it, I agreed. It's official, boys! I'm back!" Dean announced as he waltzed into the locker room. The Ducks all cheered and greeted their old friend, welcoming him back to the Ducks. "Let's go dance on their skulls!" Dean yelled, the guys all cheered and got their things together. "Would you look at you ladies, looking hot," Portman said making the girls roll their eyes.

Daisy stepped forward, "Welcome back, Dean." He smiled at her before the two hugged. "You still dating Conway?" Dean asked and before Daisy could say anything, Charlie walked over and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Yes, Portman," Charlie spoke sternly. Dean smiled, "Good!" He walked away making Daisy laugh as she looked at Charlie, "Dork." Charlie shrugged and kissed her. "Let's go win this game!" Daisy cheered.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1307}