2.10

⊱ ─ Final Practice ─ ⊰

It was the team's final practice before their game against Iceland for the Junior Goodwill Games trophy. Adam was left in a sling after Bombay had his wrist looked at, he wasn't allowed to play until it was one hundred per cent better. Due to this, Charlie and Jesse went out and bought in Russ Tyler who was taking Banksy's spot. The team were all out of the ice with skates but no gear for their final practice. "Shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Luis asked as they surrounded Bombay. "Yeah, Luis has a point, Coach. What's going on?" Daisy added. "Guys, this is our last practice, which means-" Bombay began only to be cut off by Averman, "The return of Captain Blood."

Everyone laughed at Averman's comment as Bombay shook his head with a smile. "No, it means, let's have some fun!" Bombay said before throwing a beach ball in the air. They all skated around throwing the beach ball to each other, laughing and having the time of their lives. Charlie wrapped his arms around Daisy waist and lifted her off the ground preventing her from getting the ball so Jesse could get the ball instead. Charlie placed her down once they ball was in Jesse grasp, Daisy turned to Charlie with a playful glare before she went to skate away. Charlie spun her around and pulled her back into his embrace with a smile before he cupped her face and kissed her.

Averman hit the ball to the other side of the rink revealing the entire Iceland team standing there and watching. Team USA froze in place as they stared at the Iceland team, Stansson picked up the beach ball and popped it. "Playtime is over, we have the ice now. You and your little rink rats must leave," Stansson said sternly as he focused on Bombay. "We're right here, Coach," Dean reassured Bombay, Daisy leaned into Charlie's arms. "The only thing little was your career in the pros," Bombay retorted making some of Team USA laugh. "At least I had a shot, I was there," Stansson argued.

Bombay scoffed, "You were a disgrace. Alright team, we're out of here." Daisy let out a breath prepared to leave the rink until Stansson's next words, "Can you still move on the ice? Please, play a little with me. Show me the triple deke your daddy taught you." Daisy turned and glared at the Iceland Coach. "Or was it that old geezer over there?" Stansson continued referring to Jans, Stansson threw Bombay a hockey stick. "Three bar, first one to hit both and the crossbar. You havr to take it out past the blue line," Bombay challenged. "I know the game," Stansson sneered before everyone cleared out of the way.

Stansson threw down Bombay and shot the puck at the pike causing the Iceland team to cheer. Bombay then started with the puck and shot it making Team USA cheer, it was tied. Bombay had the puck again and shot it at the other pole putting him in the lead making Team USA cheer louder. Bombay got the puck for the third time and faked out Stansson making him fall to the ground. "One more post and you go home crying. By the way Stansson, you owe me a new beach ball," Bombay sassed as he skated away. Daisy began to feel nervous, she knew Stansson played dirty and she was worried about Bombay.

Stansson got up angrily and slammed his hockey stick against Bombay's injured knee making him fall to the ground in pain. Team USA rushed over to their coach as Stansson spoke, "Get your coach off the ice, we have practice now." Daisy turned from the team, glaring up the Iceland Coach. "You'll never change, Stansson. You lost your place playing dirty and this proves it. I hope your team sees the true failure you are. You may have had your dream but you screwed up, so stop blaming the world for your own actions," Daisy smirked as Team USA watched in silence. "We'll be taking the win home 'cause we're Ducks. And you'll see that, just you wait," Daisy finished before turning away and skated off with her team who cheered for her.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

It was the big day, Team USA versus Iceland Vikings. The teenagers were all in the locker room getting ready for the game when Adam walked in with a smile. "Coach! I woke up and the pain was gone," Adam said happily, he lifted a hockey stick and turned his hand to prove it. The team cheered but Russ frowned as Coach spoke, "Adam, I'm sorry, but we already have a full roster." Russ went to take his jersey off when Charlie stopped him. "He can have my spot," Charlie offered, everyone looked at Charlie in shock except Daisy who was smiling proudly. "It's what I can do for the team, let me do it," Charlie said once he walked over to Adam and Bombay.

Bombay smiled, "Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." Charlie nodded as everyone cheered. "Let's win this!" Charlie exclaimed happily. Daisy walked up to Charlie, "I'm proud of you, Char. You'll be a great coach." Charlie smiled at her before he lightly kissed her. "Go out there and show them who is boss, Flash," Charlie tells her before they kissed again. "Alright, you two. Save that for later," Jesse said as Russ and Averman fake gagged. Charlie rolled his eyes as Daisy laughed, she smirked before kissing Charlie again in spite of their watcher's.

Once everyone was ready, they headed out towards the ice with nerves building in their bodies. They all stood around Coach Bombay who was smiling proudly at his team. "Take a deep breath, here we go!" Bombay said before they skated onto the ice, the stadium was full of people. They skated up to the bench and took a moment to look at the large crowd of people. "Heads high! Stand tall! Fly straight! USA-" Bombay cheered. "All the way!" The team cheered with him. Daisy looked around and spotted her mother, Miranda standing in the crowd with her stepfather. Daisy let out a slow breath before looking at Charlie and like that, all those nerves disappeared and she knew that they'll be alright.

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸ 🦆 🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

-Rose <3
{1066}