3.14

⊱ ─ Ducks vs Warriors pt.2 ─ ⊰

It was time for the third period of the game and the Ducks had a new fire in them with Dean Portman's arrival. "Here we go, into the third period of a well-fought battle. Oh, look, here come the Ducks. Hey, wait a second. Isn't that Dean Portman? Hey, it looks like the other Bash Brother is back, and he's brought the Ducks a renewed spirit." Josh announced making the crowd cheer for him. "Dean Portman hasn't skated in a while, but he's known more for his enforcer skills," Josh continued.

Daisy was back out on the ice, she took center and smirked at Riley. "He doesn't change anything," Riley said. "Then why are scared?" Daisy teased. Daisy got the puck and passed it to Adam. He skated down the ice with it, Daisy followed behind him. Cole skated towards Dean who ducked, Cole went straight through the glass. Fulton and Daisy skated over to Dean, who was laughing at the situation. "That was awesome!" Daisy said to Dean. "Now that's clearing out the garbage," Fulton added. "Hey, man, we're just getting warmed up," Dean assures them before they all skate away.

Daisy smiled over to Bombay then to Charlie before taking a breath. With the Bash Brothers back in action, the Ducks were playing their best. The Bash Brothers had knocked down practically every Varsity player with the help of Goldberg. Guy got the puck and passed it to Averman. Averman faked a pass and tossed it back to Luis who shot the puck but the goalie saved it and Luis went soaring into the boards. "We really gotta work on those brakes," Daisy said to Luis as she helped him up.

With two minutes left, Riley had the puck and Dean reached over to get it but the ref blew his whistle. "21, white, two minutes, hooking," The ref announced. "Come on, ref! What kind of call was that?" Orion yelled. "Seriously?!" Daisy said as she went into the bench swapping with Adam. As soon as Dean got into the penalty box, he began stripping down making the crowd go wild. Daisy laughed and shook her head looking at Connie who was laughing too.

"This is insanity. Dean Portman is... He's stripping in the penalty box! Oh, he has really got this crowd, especially the ladies," Josh announced as the girls screamed for Dean Portman. "Take it all off, baby!" Goldberg yelled encouraging the wild teenager. Daisy shook her head at Dean's antics, she knew this was what it is about. It isn't just about winning, it's about having fun and doing your best. Dean cheered louder and continued to take his pads off, throwing them into the crowd.

He tore off his shirt and twirled it over his head before dancing around in the penalty box. "Change it!" Orion demanded as the player switched lines. The ref called too many men resulting in Luis ending up on the bench and Kenny sent to the penalty box. "Oh, this is bad, folks. Ken Wu jumped off the bench a little too early, and now the Ducks will have to skate two men down," Josh announced. Dean reassured Kenny as Orion called for a time out.

Orion turned to his team, "Alright, listen to me. The pressure is on them. All we have to do is hold our ground. Okay, Conway, Banks and Goldberg. I'm going with you." Daisy smiled proudly. "Me, Coach?" Goldberg asked skeptically. "You. Goldberg. You earned your spot out there. Okay, Ducks. Here we go! Come on!" Orion cheered as Charlie, Adam and Goldberg took the ice. Orion stopped Charlie, "Hey, Charlie... We're really backed into a corner here. We hold them for two minutes, we got ourselves a tie." Charlie smiled at Orion, "We're up to it, Coach."

Orion nodded in agreement. "I know you are, but you deserve to win. Not careless, but not too careful either," Orion says before exhaling, Charlie looked to Daisy who smiled and nodded. "If you see your shot, take it. Make sure it counts. Go get 'em, Captain," Orion said as he placed the "C" back onto his jersey. Daisy smiled proudly at her boyfriend, he was the Captain of the Ducks. The Minnesota Miracle Man and most of all, the one person who never gave up on the team, his team.

The Warriors got the puck and faked Julie out of the net. Riley went to take an open shot but Adam jumped in front of the net and blocked it. Daisy cheered with Connie as Goldberg took the puck and cleared it out of the zone. Riley got the puck again and was one on one with Charlie. Daisy watched closely as Charlie ducked under Riley, which knocked him over allowing Charlie the opportunity to steal the puck. Daisy cheered for her boyfriend as the crowd went wild.

Charlie was on a breakaway down the ice with ten seconds left. Once he was in front of the net, he did something unexpected, he passed it to Goldberg. Goldberg stood frozen, not sure what to do. "Shoot, Goldberg! Shoot!" The Ducks shouted from the bench. Goldberg shot the puck and it went into the goal, winning the game for the Ducks. They all cheered and hugged each other as the crowd went wild. The Ducks rushed out onto the ice as they celebrated the win, Julie was stopped by the Varsity goalie, Scooter who leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

Connie and Daisy looked at each other before smirking, "What?" They laughed before skating over to Julie, teasing her about it. Charlie skated over to his mom for a hug while Daisy skated her to her mom, the two hugged and spun in circles as they cheered. Charlie skated over to Daisy and pulled her into him by her waist, "You're my prize." Daisy giggled before pulling his face down to hers, their mouths connecting in a fiery kiss. The two pulled away and smiled before looking over to the side spotting Bombay who was smiling proudly at the young couple.

Bombay then looked to the side, the two followed his gaze where a banner fell covering the Warriors sign. Eden Hall Mighty Ducks. "Hey guys!" Charlie yelled gaining the teams attention, they all saw the sign and began cheering louder than before. Charlie turned back to Daisy, "I love you, Daisy Jacobs. Thank you for never giving on me, on us." Daisy smiled up at Charlie as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "I love you, Charlie Conway. And I'm not going anywhere, you're stuck with me." Charlie leaned down and kissed her. "Sounds like heaven," Charlie mumbled against her lips.

The Ducks celebrated their victory till all hours of the morning, they were talking about old memories. The original Ducks even made time to show up, all of the District Five team and they were laughing, crying and smiling non-stop. And as Daisy leaned back in Charlie's arms, she knew that no matter what life would throw at the Ducks, they would stick together through it all and she was ready, because she had the most incredible family by her side. Because...

Ducks Fly Together!

⊱ ──── {.⋅ ⛸🦆🏒 ⋅.} ──── ⊰

And that's the end of Flash On Ice.
I really hope you enjoyed this story. I can't believe I was motivated to spam publish it. Thank you for all the love on this beautiful story.

I will write a bonus chapter in future but for now, I'm off to write "Wild Summer" based off The Sandlot with Benny Rodriguez.

Check out my profile for more stories!

Love y'all!
-Rose <3
{1284}