{Chapter 6}

"Being a victim was never her choice but knowing that someone was once in her shoes, makes her feel as though they understand her."

{S I M R A}

Like Syeda i was once a victim of Samantha. After, Syeda joined our school 1 year after me. Samantha took a lot of interest in her because her friends would stand up for her and that is something nobody has the guts to do. So yeah Samantha took a lot of intrest in her and started to bully her. Although she still would bully us muslims her new target and lets hope her final target is well, im sure you now, Syeda.

I was actually shocked when Syeda asked to be friends and actually invited me over to one of her friends house for a sleepover.

I am currently downstairs, at the dining table, at Humayrahs house, eating.

Well technically i am eating and watching a verbal fight between Humayrah and her brother. I wouldve been so much better if we were eating popcorn right now.

"Look Husnain i know you have a massive crush on Sy-,"

Syeda spits out the water that she was just drinking two seconds ago.

"What on earth are you on about Humayrah?" says Husnain, clearly confused.

I look Syeda she has a emotionless face on but in her eyes i could tell shes hoping he didnt catch her name in the sentence.

Humayrah goes the colour of a tomato and screaches out 'NOTHING' a bit too fast. Husnain raises an eyebrow but carries on eating.

"I think theres a tomato in the room," grinned Syeda trying to lighten up the mood and ease out the awkwardness.

"Shut up," said Humayrah said with her mouth full.

"Language lady," said Humayrahs mum.
"Table manners, princess," said Humayrahs dad.

(author speaking: by the way, mum and dad say it simultaneously.)

Humayrah sighs in fustration but carries on eating because the most important thing to her right now is her food. After all she is a foodie.

I look at Nadia, who has shrunk a whole metre into her chair.

I then look at Syeda, who is literally looking at Humayrah as if she is going to kill her any seconds.

Oof Humayrah is in big trouble.

I look at Husnain, who is looking at Syeda wondering why on earth Sydea is looking at his sister like that.

I look at the twins, who are texting god knows what on the phone under the table

I then look at Humayrahs parents, who are too busy whispering to each other to even notice a thing.

I mentally sigh finishing off my remaining food.