{Chapter 11}

"They were there for one another, that what real friends are like, right?"

{H U M A Y R A H}

Seriously, does she really think i would leave her here.

Husnain is currently being an annoyingly very slow driver.

He's always like: "We shouldn't speed and blah blah blah..."

Anyways, when i get a driving license i can speed my car as much as i want and he can't do anything about it.

Awkwardness is in their air, but Rumaisa and Umaimah just seem to not notice, seeing how those two chatterboxes are complaining about how annoying this one teacher is.

~2 minutes later~

Husnain finally is able to reach the grocery store.

Gosh, with his speed of driving, we would have reached the grocery store in an hour.

We are now in the grocery store, Husnain picking out all the items on his list and putting them into the basket.

We go to the till, scanning out all of our items. Syeda is practically dragging herself everywhere and is being a grumpy, moody teenager.

We put our items into bags and put them in the boot of the car, well only me and Husnain.

Umaimah and Rumaisa and chatting more and helping less, and Syeda is leaning onto the car, arms crossed, tapping her foot rapidly on the floor, looking at us like: 'Nope, you two idiots dragged me here so do all the work yourself.'

I put the last bag in when Husnain whispers a really weird question to me,

"Is Syeda okay?"

"Why do ask?" i say, trying to stop smiling like an idiot.

"No special reason, it's just that she look really pale and worn out," he replies glancing at her.

I close the boot of the car, and look at her, she indeed does look pale and worn out.

I dismiss any weird thoughts, and get into the car.

~15 minutes later~

Syeda's house comes into view.

She bids us farewell and gets out of the car.

We wait for her to go inside and then we begin to drive back home.

~10 minutes later~

It usually takes a 5 minute drive from Syeda's house to mine but Husnain drives like an old man so it took double the amount of time.

Us sibling all get out of the car, the cold evening breeze flying past us.

It's dark and Magrib started like two minutes ago.

The four of us, take one bag each, well Husnain takes two because the only thing he has is himself and we have loaded school bags.

Husnain closes the boot and locks the car, a loud double beep is heard, indicating that the car locked successfully.

We go inside the house and greet our parents.

I plop the one grocery bag in my hand on the kitchen table and go to my room.

Time to do my whudu and pray Magrib.