{Chapter 13}

"A different side of her, which no-one ever knew. She appeared tough but things state otherwise."

{S A M A N T H A}

Syeda is so annoying, sometimes i feel like strangling her.

She's got the nerve to talk to me about oppression, like has she even looked at herself.

I'm walking to my apartment, after i got of the bus.

The tall brown building comes into view.

My keys are firmly gripped in my hand as i walk up the stairs to second floor.

I insert the key into the door which prints '13' in bold.

I twist the key and the door opens.

I walk inside, closing the door behind me.

I instantly see Aunt Rosé and my toddler brother, Chase, playing together.

Aunt Rosé smiles at me, while Chase waddles his way to me.

I drop my bag to the ground and bend down to give him a hug and kiss him on the forehead.

I let go of him,

"Go play with Aunt Rosé whilst i get changed."

"Will you come and play with me," he says, with his cute baby voice.

"Don't worry i will definitely play with you before i go to work."

His face lights up and he givs me a toothy grin.

He waddles back to Aunt Rosé and continues playing with her.

I pick up my bag from the floor ans go to my room.

I get take a five minute shower and get changed into simple clothing.

I get out of my room.

I go and sit with Chase, who is currently playing with an aeroplane.

"Where's Aunt Rosé?" i ask him.

"She making me and you cookiesssss," he says excitedly.

He zooms the toy aeroplane into my direction, making a sound with his lips.

I take the aeroplane from him and zoom it back to his direction.

~1 to 2 hours later~

I look at my reflection in the full body length mirror.

I just finished eating Aunt Rosé's cookies and finished getting ready for work.

I am wearing a thick, black turtle neck shirt, paired up with black trousers with ankle boots.

My hair is tied high up in messy bun, a few blonde locks flowing free.

A pink landyard with yellow curvise font is placed around my neck, which prints 'STAFF. SWEET AND BITTER' repeatedly. My indentity card facing away from the mirror.

I wear a black mask, so the only thing visible are my cat-like eyes, which have thick eyeliner on my eyelids.

I slip on my coat and put a black leather cross-over bag over my head, which contains my phone, headphones, the house keys and a pen.

I go out of my room.

"Bye Auntie, i'll be back my 7," i scream out as she is currently in the kitchen.

"Okay love, take care," i hear back.

I look at Chase and wave at him,

"Bye Chase," i say to him.

"Are you going to come back?" he asks, pouting.

"Of course i am, when have i never?" i say.

"I'm going to go, so come hug me goodbye," i say, bending down and spreading my arms out.

He comes running to me, hugging me tightly.

I let go him.

"Bye Chase," i say.

"Byeeeee," he says wave both his arms in sifferent direction.

I laugh at his cuteness and open the door, slipping out my apartment and closing th door behind me.

I lock it and put my keys back into my bag replacing it with my phone and headphones

I plug my headphone into my ears anf then to my phone.

I walk down the stairs, listening to music when suddenly what Syeda said to me randomly pops into my head.

I push my thoughts to the back of my mind, focusing on the words of the lyrics.

Well, another day of work.