{Chapter 15}

"They knew something was wrong and they feared that it was above their means to be able to do something about it."

{T H I R D . P E R S O N}

The second Syeda's call ended , Humayrah knew something was terribly wrong, heck, she realised it the second Syeda spoke.

Syeda called shortly after Magrib, with a Humayrah who was snacking on a bunch of biscuits.

Abandoning her biscuits, Humayrah dashed upstairs to find her brother, Husnain, who was sleeping away on his bed. Knowing very well that she needs to get to Syeda ASAP, she tried shaking him awake.

"Leave me alone," he said murmuring in his sleep.

Humayrah realising that she needed a different approach, dragged him off the bed. She instantly let him go when he was fully on the floor, apparently in pain.

"Owwww!!!! What on Earth is wrong with you," he whined.

Humayrah tried pulling him up by his arm but he seemed to be glued to ground.

Humayrah tried all her might to drag him up, losing half of her strength in the process. Clocking that he was just being a stubborn cow who was rubbing his hip, she let go of him. She stepped back, crossing her arms over her chest.

"If your done, get your bum off the floor," said Humayrah, irritatedly.

"Well i wouldn't have been on the floor IN PAIN if a somebody didn't drag me," he said, emphasizing the words 'in pain'.

"I'm pretty sure you would forget about this PAIN of yours when you realise that i did this because we need to go to Syeda's ASAP," replied Humayrah, with the same attitude, emphasizing the word 'ASAP'.

He got up from the floor, slightly swaying because of the force of his fall. He winces slightly but successfully voices his thought.

"Why do we need to go there? And why me?" he questioned.

"Syeda called a few minutes ago, asking for a ride because it's an EMERGENCY, also she did sound a bit broken and worried, which is why we need to go ASAP. About the question of 'why you?' It's because i know that you won't try to pry in her business," Humayrah lets out a loud breath, realising she said everything in one go.

Husnain squints his eyes at her, eyeing her up and down, trying to figure out anything which could indicate that she is lying or playing a prank on him.

He finally sighs in defeat, not only because he figured that Humayrah isn't lying but also because he genuinely began to worry for Syeda, seeing how Humayrah described the situation.

Husnain walks out of his room, his car keys firmly gripped in his hands with Humayrah trailing behind him.

They descend down the stairs, both slipping on their coats about to open the front door when their mum, Hania, comes running towards them wearing an apron with a spatula in her hand probably cooking two seconds ago.

"And where do you think you two are going?" asks Hania, one hand on her hip and the other waving her spatula around in the air.

"Umm, we-,"

"Oh we need to go to Syeda's..." says Humayrah, cutting off Husnain who seemed as though he was going to stutter and waste time.

Hania gives them a look clearing asking 'Why?' through her facial expressions.

"...Emergency," Humayrah quickly adds in.

Hania nods,

"Be back early, 7:30 max," says Hania, walking back to the direction of the kitchen, definitely was cooking something.