Pilot

It wasn't unusual. Dipper and Mabel had gone to their Grunkles shack plenty of times before. Ever since their first summer when they were twelve, they'd always begged to come back.

Their parents, on the other-hand, didn't know why they took such interest
in the outdoors after forcing them there, but they just guessed it was something for a better change.

Shipping them off for the summer each year began to worry them though. Each year they had more questions than the last. Did their children not have many friends where they lived here? Did they have more friends over at Gravity Falls? Of all places...it is a small town.

It'd be easier to make friends in a small town instead of a city...

"Dipper! Mabel!" Their parents called them over to their small kitchen table. Living in the center of the city in an apartment was rough, but they liked to think they managed their living space well.

Dipper, reading another one of his fantasy books,came in from the small living room, slouching into the wooden chair across from his parents. Mabel, springing her bedroom door open, had glitter glue scattered all over her pale arms and face. She soon, also joined them in the kitchen area.

"Soooo what's goin' on?" Mabel eagerly asked her parents,"there's ought to be something important coming up given that there's a family meeting!"

"Well.."the mother looked to the both of her children, "me and your father have been talking.."

"We have something long termed planned," their father inputed.

Dipper perked his head up from his book, now listening carefully to the next part of the conversation. Summers only a month away, what could be more long term than their usual trip to their Grunkles?'

Mom continued, "We know how you both are very fond of Gravity Falls,"she swallowed,"..and how you probably would have more interest in the town than our small apartment in the city.."

The twins nodded. Of course they loved Gravity Falls!

Then their fathers rusty voice continued where his wife had left off, "We were thinking about not only letting you both stay for the summer, but for also the next school year, but we wanted to know if you two-"

"YES!" The twins shouted in synchronization.

Their mother tensed a little, "So you don't mind if you get homeschooled or.."

"Mom, we'd homeschool within a heartbeat just to stay longer," Dipper spoke out, trying to ease his mother's worried tone.

"Obviously you would come back home for the holidays, but the rest of the school year you'd be sticking in gravity falls. I could hire you a tuto-"

"Not necessary! Boss Mabel's got it all under control! I'll make sure dipper doesn't slack off or any of that silly none sense," Mabel interrupted this time, making sure every syllable was inserted with her undeniable confidence and proudness.

'Proudness,' Dipper thought.

Trustworthy..

..their parents were trusting them. This is their chance to prove to their parents that they are completely responsible. That they're ready to become young adults. That they're ready to take on a huge commitment.

The look his parents were giving him was a new look. A face he'd never seen them wear before, and he knew exactly what it meant. What they meant. ..he was going to have a completely different summer.

No wait..

year.

___ ___ ___

Hey, so I would love to thank trashstuck for the inspiration, motivation, and even the absolutely marvelous cover in making this fic!

This is my first written fic so... Feedback is ALWAYS welcome. Please please please let me know if you see any errors in typing or have anything to suggest. Suggestions for this fic will always be welcome so please don't hesitate to ask!

I promise, I don't bite.

For the meantime, I hope you enjoy Grand Hierarchy!