Lifes Worth

"GRUNKLE STAN! WHERE IS THE NUTELLA?!"

"UH, IT'S IN THE ALCOHOLIC CUPBOARD!"

"WHY IN BILLS NAME IS IT DOING IN THERE?"

"BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT IT NEXT TO MY SHIT."

"AUGH!"

Mabel went to go grab a stool to reach the cupboard where her Grunkle had hidden the large container of Nutella.

The morning started quite franticly; lots of things were in place for today's events. Mabel was going over to Pacifica's place to head on their trip to the aquarium in who knows where, Grunkle Stan had 'business' to attend to for the majority of the day, and Bill was off doing 'research'. Dipper would be all by himself. He would have to space to think, breathe, possibly relax, and maybe even read. It sounded like the perfect evening.

---------

Dipper found his way to his room after the delicious Nutella pancake breakfast Mabel had cooked up. Mabel had left, and Grunkle Stan is... Well, who cares. He was alone and safe and in a quiet room where his thoughts could wander for eternity... Maybe not eternity, but for quite a while at least.

He smiled to himself and plopped down on his bed with an old book, opening it, and blowing off the dust from its page. This book used to be one of his favorites, but ever since he came to Gravity Falls and found the Journal, he really hadn't read the book in years!

Gravity falls had changed his damn life. He wouldn't say it skrewed up his life, just... It twisted every Alternative future that he used to think he'd be in. In other words, he no longer wanted to be an astronaut, biologist, detective... well he could be a Gravity Falls detective. That label sounded pretty darn cool. Gravity Falls Detective, Dipp- no, D. Pines.

...D. Pines.

The book had a few smeared words and the text was typewritten by a typewriter, but his favorite part about the book was the old yellowed-page scent.
It marveled him, it made him think that maybe, just perhaps, the scents from a hundred years ago were trapped in the very book. Though he knew the book must've been passed around the country a few time before him receiving it, and that the 'scent of books' didn't necessary work like that, it was still fun to pretend.

The story took place in a mansion where an older teenage boy discovered many secrets about his past relatives in his own...very... home. Many of the secrets went over his head as a child but now, old enough to understand the discreet language of the mansions butlers and maids, and the secrets beneath the grounds floor, he finds the one mystery of his families great lost devotion. Finally, finding out after the trouble he had gotten himself into while doing so, his parents were extremely upset. They didn't want him to know, hear, find out that their entire family's wealth and riches was a fraud...and that there was only one way to make up for it: by bringing back to life their ancestors who'd gotten themselves into this mess. So, keeping him from wandering off into endless cemeteries with shovels on hand, or creating a Frankenstein-like monster out of dead human remains, they locked their only son in the far side of the mansion. Two meals a day, A lovely orange tabby cat who wandered through the doors tiny hole, and schoolwork that was to be done was the only times he was able to see any lifeforms... Giving him a surplus of time to think to himself.

The amount of time the boy got to himself caused him to think about life. It's mistakes, the beginning, how slow or fast it took, the end, dieing, the death and mourning afterwards. The boy soon started thinking about these thoughts more and more, the hours turned into days, the days into weeks, the weeks into months, and months into years. He slowly drove himself insane, the thought of death was at a constant. The thought of an end. There must be something afterwards, right? Something nice. Something better than being trapped in a room for life. Something likewise at least. There wouldn't be anymore fighting starvation. No more lack of energy. No more stress or anxiety.