Vivid Dreaming

When Dipper awoke, he found himself tangled in bed with his twin.

With a smile at his siblings snorable (ha!snore-adorable) face, he slipped out of the covers to find him self face to screen with the dusty digital clock on her bedside.

'3:23am' it read.

"Darn it..," he huffed out and headed towards his own room. He shut Mabel's door as quiet as he could manage without any horrible disruptive squeakiness and opened his rooms door... Which was like 3 feet away...

'Really need to reconstruct this terrible tunnel they call a hallway.'

He managed to sleep a whole lot better after he came into his sisters room. Her bed felt sacred, and with that, he felt even more secure with his twin next to him.

Unfortunately, he wasn't able to escape the nightmares-which coincidently only got more weird when they arrived back at their motherland, Gravity Falls about a week ago.

Some dreams would contain content of gnomes evolving into gremgoblins, or him falling down the bottomless pit with only a grappling-hook at hand.

Others were more.. Realistic and driven by pure terror. Such as him being soaked into the ground and being ripped apart piece by piece by nothing but gravity and pressure.

No matter how gruesome or simple they were, he dealt with them on a nightly basis.

But when he found himself stranded in the middle of the forest, he didn't realize there was a different aura..

...

"Flipping poptarts, where the heck am I.."

All he remembered was that he was out on a search for some extravagant creature he saw in the journal ages ago, and so far wasn't having any success in finding it.

"Well this is great-"

"HA ha.."

He whipped his head around, checking up and down for good measure. No one.

"Excuse me?" He hoped to receive an answer.

He waited.

'Nope. No answer, might as well keep movin-'

"Well that's a bit rude."

"Well I'm sorry 'disguised weirdo' but I have something I'd rather be doing than consulting with you."

"Sheesh, Harsh much?"

And ignoring the voice, he wandered further into the forest. Far enough away so that he couldn't hear it. Far enough that he forgot he was ever talking. Far enough, that the burning aura in his stomach grew hotter with every step.

'Wait. When did I start getting a stomach cramps-'

He doubled over, catching himself from what would've been a harsh fall on a rugged and worn down stump.

"Damnit," he winced and clutched his stomach. This wasn't suppose to happen, didn't he eat not too long ago? There's got to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

There had to be a perfectly reasonable explanation on why everything just got ten times more hot.

Heated branches slowly inched up to wrap a deathly tight grip around his arms. There was sure to be some brutal bruises forming there soon enough.

Groaning, he struggled under the heating grasp. The branches, continued to slowly glide up his arms until they connected at the shoulders. And that's when he felt something, cold as ice, bounce off his cheek. It made him feel sick.

Another cold sensation to his nose.

And then his bottom lip.

Dipper finally strained his eyes to look at what numbing cold liquid had been dripping onto his face.

He scrunched his nose up. It stank. It was black and it stank and oh dear gosh what was poking into him in his back!

He arched his back and screamed into the silent forest in pain as the branches tore through his skin and entered into his shoulder blades.

Black tears started fogging up his eyes as he started drowning in them. Drowning in his own black, disgustingly retched scented tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke coughing and slightly choking on the bile that was building up in his mouth. Stumbling out of his bedroom and into his bathroom he ran his fingers through his bed-headed hair and viewed the bruises forming across his freckled arms and legs.

He dared to look at his back, finding two deep red and purple bruises on each of his shoulder blades.

He shuddered at the site and closed his eyes.

He just needed to shower and apply some stuff from the first aid kid and he'd be good!

'You sure bout' that kid? I mean, someone's bound to noticed those dark marks on your arms..'

Dipper looked directly above him, only to recognize the voice was owned by Bill. He quickly lowered his long sleeved shirt, covering his tattoo he'd gotten when he was 16. The tattoo of Bill he'd secretly gotten at his Aunts Tattoo Parlier without his parents permission.

"I could just borrow some concealer or somethin-wait HEY why would you even care?! You're a demon for goodness sake!"

"Dip SHUT UP WITH YOUR CONSPIRACIES ITS 6 FLIPPING AM," Mabel shout from the room next door.

"I'm NOT... Augh!..sorry Mabs!"

The isosceles watched the human in amusement. This boy was the most ridiculous, the most predictable, and the most handsome curious young lad he's seen in centuries.

'Bill..'

'I see you've learned to talk through your mind. An improvement?'

'Yes dumbass, I've never been able to speak in my mind because I'm secretly a gnome who doesn't know the fuck I'm talking about.'

'Well sorry to think this to your face but, Pine Tree, you're not a gnome.'

'Really?! I never knew this information! Don't give me details!'

'My details are very well descriptive. Are you sure you don't want the extras on how you are clearly not a gnome?'

'I'm quite positive the information would be useless to my knowledge.'

'Well then maybe I could offer some other type of beneficial knowledge?'

'Rather not'

'Oh come on Pine Tree! It'd be fun!'

'Your deals are skrewed up no matter how detailed they are!'

'Not true! You humans just don't think the way this dream demon does!'

"That's the point."

"Speaking aloud now are we?"

"Shh, thinking up coherent sentences in the mind at 6 am is not my ideal activity on a summer morning."

"Psh! Nonsense."

Dipper rolled his eyes. He didn't need any of this specific dream demon's information, nonetheless make a deal with him.

"I need to go to the store... Now would probably be the best time to go get that foundation so.."

"Can I come with you?"

"No."

"Oh come on Pine Tree," Bill pleaded," I won't cause any trouble, I promise."

Dipper eyed the demon, "No funky stuff?"

"No funky stuff," he reassured him.

"Then you better follow my rules AND directions cause it's my car."

"Deal!" The demon outstretched his arm, hand enveloping into blue flames. Dipper sighed and followed suit by grabbing ahold of the tiny black hand and shaking it,

"Deal."