Take Charge

I kind of change perspective between Mabel and Dipper in this chapter, just a heads up!!

______ ______ ______

Dipper really never did get around to doing what he had planned. By about a week of Bills absence, he began taking on larger doses of sleeping pills... causing him to wake up even later than usual and having breakfast at almost as late as 11:30 in the morning!

(He usually had breakfast at 8:00.)

Mabel painfully watched her brothers slow process. He would stay up in his room until around 4 or 5 in the morning, come into her room, and she would have to Shoosh him and lure the poor boy to sleep.

He only got about 4 hours asleep anyways, but at least that was something.

She'd talk to him on several occasions, ending up with him leaving more depressed than he was before. She just didn't know how to help him! He got in grouchy mood swings every once and awhile, but It never lasted more than a day or two!

Now how would she cope with her miserable mess of a brother?

~~~~~~~

Dipper's body language showed everything as he slowly lounged into the kitchens wooden chair.

The chair made a painful, disturbing squeak, causing him to clench his eyes shut and his sister to look at him.

He didn't need this.

"So um, what's for breakfast sis?"

"It's 1:46 Dipper, we're having lunch."

"Oh..." He mumbled, looking at nothing in particular. Grunckle Stan turned around from the stove, squinting at him.

"Whoa! Bag check for Dipper! Haha.. Kid you seriously need to get some sleep."

"Yeah bro-bro," Mabel butted in, "you can't go on like this for the entirety of summer!"

"I can do what I want," he grumbled.

"No, no you can't! So if you're not going to go find Bill and fix this, then I will!"

"Mabel please, don't. I've already kind of screwed up things with him, and he's already pissed as it is...," Mabel tensed,".. I think it's best if we just let him be."

She bit the insides of her mouth and sighed, "Dip, I understand you don't want to talk with him.. And you don't know what's running through his mind nor the messed up nonsense in your own head..."

"Mabel"

"...and you know I can't let you continue on like this...

"Don't you dare Mabel"

"...but hey! You ain't going to figure out what's wrong unless you two talk!" She now was standing up beside the kitchen table, hands on her hips.

"Mabel you know I can't let you go off and undo my uh...wrong doing."

"That's exactly why I'm going whether you like it or not dumb-butt!"

Mabel puffed out her checks an marched right out the front door.

Dipper stood up to go after her, but before he could leave the kitchen Gruckle Stan forced him back into his seat.

"Dipper, let her do it. I can't stand seeing you like this, and neither can she if you haven't noticed. So stay put."

His Grunckle was right. But like he'd ever admit it out loud... So he did exactly that.

He waited.

~~~~~~~~

She totally knew where she was going! She'd been in these woods almost as much as Dipper...

..except..well... He actually knew where they were going most of the time.

"Well this isn't so great now is it."

She was startled by a strange croak in response.

Then another...

And another...

She peered over a nearby rock to find the innocent creature being only a frog! Well a frog with a fluffy tail but nonetheless it was indeed identified as a frog.

"Your not lost now are you?" She leaned up against the rock.

Silence and then a croak.

"Yeah, lucky for you."

The frog with a fluffy tail scurried off out of sight.

"Then there was one...augh," Mabel slid down to sit at the large rocks base.

'Boulder. It's a boulder not a large rock. Why would you even just wow okay, stop Mabel.'

"I'm suppose to be helping. Not arguing with myself. AUGH."

"Calm down shooting star."

She excitedly looked up only to find the golden yellow blinding light shining directly in her face.

"Ow Bill could you turn the brightness down a notch?" She teased.

"Like that will ever happen. Why are you in the woods anyways shooting star? Don't tell me you're lost." Bill offered a hand, and Mabel firmly took ahold of it, helping herself up.

Oh yeah.. The reason why she was here.

"I could ask you the same question. Why did you just leave us!? Do you have any idea what's been going on at the shack without you?"

"Well..."

"Don't you care," frustration and anger threading through her words.

Bill transformed in his human form then and there.

"Mabel... I had know idea that this has upset yo-"

"Not just me," she look up to Bill staring right into his visible eye," Dipper too."

...

"Let's go."

_____ _____ _____

Bill uses her real name when shit gets serious.

And shit just got serious.

WOOooo (I have now realized I'm the most hilarious salsa ever)