2| Home

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Home

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 2: Home (Ronan's POV)

I sighed, going back downstairs once I had finally finished unpacking. I wasn't jetlagged since there's no time difference between Boston and North Carolina, but I was exhausted from all the packing and unpacking that I did in twenty-four hours. And I'm still not completely unpacked. I still have one or two boxes full of things left. I made my way into the living room where dad was grabbing his things and leaving for work. 

He's the head doctor in Wildflower Hospital so most of his days go by seeing patients and performing surgeries. 

"Morning," I huffed, running a hand through my hair and falling on the couch. 

"All unpacked?" he asked, shooting me a smile. 

"Almost. Just a couple of boxes left but I've got all the basics done. Are you working late?" I looked up at him. 

"You never know, it depends on the emergency ward." He shrugged. "Anyhow, I don't want to be late, so I'll head out now." 

"Wait a second, at least tell him what he should do on his first day back," Mom laughed while walking into the room with a cup of coffee for Dad. 

"I think I would know," I chuckled. 

"Hmm," Dad took a quick sip before turning to me. "A lot changed in the four years you were gone." 

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah. There's a new dental clinic, they opened up the beach further ahead, there's a new school that opened up for elementary kids, they started doing a monthly fair too." 

"Oh, they did? Near the old amusement park?" 

He nodded. "They transformed that abandoned piece of land into a new fair. They've got everything too, you know. A Ferris wheel, a rollercoaster." 

I nodded in understanding while Mom sat beside me and ruffled my hair once. 

"It opens on the first of every month for the whole day. From sunrise to sunset." 

"The place really lights up with people. They have a car park movie thing for the nighttime, they've got games and prizes too," Mom added. "It's happening this weekend, you should go check it out." 

"And who would I go with?" I scoffed softly. 

"Damon," they answered in sync. 

I looked between them. "Did you tell him I'm back?" 

"Of course, he was your best friend. One of them," Dad said, mumbling the last part. "Anyhow, I'm headed for work. You should head out too. Grab some breakfast at Black Marina, check out the new and improved Runville." 

"Hmm, with a total of four changes," I snickered. 

Dad left and then Mom stood up, saying she was heading out too.