13| Crimson

(I changed the chapter name)

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Crimson

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 13: Crimson (London's POV)

The next morning, I felt like total shit. After last night's scene, I didn't want to go to work, I didn't want to risk seeing him, I didn't actually want to see anyone today. But I forced myself out of bed to make sure Dad had taken his morning pills, but I stayed in my pajamas, making breakfast at the pace of a sloth. 

"Oh," Dad said, sounding surprised when he walked into the kitchen and saw me. "Are you not working today?" 

"Don't know," I sighed, grabbing some Nutella while waiting for the pancakes to be just right before I flipped them. I opened the jar and grabbed a spoonful eating it slowly. 

"Oh dear," he mumbled, "what's happened?" 

"What do you mean?" I held the spoon in my mouth, pulling my hair back in a low ponytail. 

"You seem upset and it's not like you to not go to work. You love the store." 

"Of course, I do, I'm just exhausted today." 

"How come?" 

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. 

"Did you and Ronan have a little um... argument?" 

I nodded slowly. 

"Ah," he sighed loudly, nodding. "Well, that's all right. These things are bound to happen. But you shouldn't let them get in the way." 

"What do you mean?" I flipped the pancakes while he grabbed two plates, setting them on the counter. 

"I mean, don't you miss him?" 

I looked him in the eyes, keeping quiet. 

"London, look," he cleared his throat, turning his body to face mine while I did the same. "You both were in love, all right? Whatever you knew love to be, that's what the two of you had. And it ended in a very heartbreaking way, but he's here again, isn't he? You should hear him out." 

"Why? I don't owe him that," I replied quickly, sounding almost defensive. 

"No, you don't. But you know what you want, no matter how much you deny yourself of that. So, I trust you to know what's right and what's not. You're a smart and wonderful girl, you know what you're doing. Just... take it easy sometimes. We live in a very small town in a very huge world. But this is our world. And people won't always be here, people die, people leave, whatever. Just don't stay in your head with all these things. 

"Take life as it comes. Let yourself love people. If it can be forgiven, then forgive it. If it can be forgotten, forget it. But whatever it is, always accept it. And move on, and keep your head straight but keep your heart open. Decide with your heart, always. And let your brain find the way," he paused. "And your pancakes are going to burn if you don't turn off the stove."