23| Start

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Start

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 23: Start (London's POV)

"Do you have any idea," I paused to adjust my bag on my shoulder, "how much begging it took to get my dad to let me come here and camp with your dumbass alone?" I looked up at the back of his head while he walked briskly, far ahead of me.

He was holding the tent, his sleeping bag, and the ice box and I was barely carrying my bag and sleeping bag without falling into the sand. "You could have said no when I asked you," he called out over his shoulder. "Why didn't you?"

I let out a huff as we reached our spot near the cave.

Since we were younger, Damon, Ronan and I would come here and camp out in our own tents, sometimes Damon would bring a few others too. But this is the first time, in our freshman year spring break, that I'm coming here alone with Ronan.

He's been acting weird lately, kind of stand off-ish. It felt like he was mad at me for something but then he randomly asked me to camp out with him tonight.

"Why would I say no? I thought Damon was coming too," I mumbled, helping him set up the tent.

"So you're here to hang out with Damon?" he asked, stabbing the pole into the sand, pushing it down so it would hold.

"What?" My brows furrowed. "No, it's just that... we usually come together. Why did you only invite me?"

"Damon's busy. His aunt and uncle are visiting so he's at home tonight, okay?"

I'm so sick of his tantrums. The past few weeks he's been such a dick to me. It's how he would behave when we weren't friends. "What is with you?" I asked, glancing at him.

"What?" He shrugged.

"Why have you been throwing fits all week? Are you mad at me or something?"

"Should I be mad at you?" He lifted a brow.

"I'm going home if you keep acting like this," I retorted and then he shut up and focused on the tent. "If you're mad at me then just tell me why."

"I'm not mad at you," he huffed, walking over to my side and helping me.

"Then why are you being such a dick?"

He turned to me, taking the tent out of my hands and setting it up quickly. "Forget it, sorry," he mumbled, going to take our sleeping bags. He set up everything inside the tent and knocked his shoes off, climbing in and sticking his head. "Aren't you coming in?"

"You only brought one tent tonight," I pointed out. "Where's mine?"

"It... broke. It ripped. I always bring your tent and mine and Damon brings his own but I only had one for tonight. Don't make a big deal out of it, you stay in your sleeping bag and I'll stay in mine."