24| Fair

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Fair

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 24: Fair (Ronan's POV)

I woke up the next morning when the tent shook a little in the wind, making the entire thing rattle. I rubbed my eyes open, looking over at London who was still sound asleep beside me. I looked down at where she had her arm thrown across my waist while I had one kept under her head. It was numb but that wasn't important. I eased it out from under her and checked my phone for the time. It's nearly nine. "London," I mumbled, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

She stirred, tightening her hold on me.

I took in a breath, lifting her arm from the mostly healed but still healing wound. "London, we should get back. It's almost nine."

She groaned, rubbing her eyes open and looking at me. She watched me in confusion before mumbling a small, "Ah," in realization. "I forgot we slept here," she chuckled softly, both of us sitting up. "Are we going back?" she asked, pulling the hood over her head and just sitting there, her eyes still half-closed while she absorbed and processed the morning.

"We should. You told your dad you'd be back by nine, right?"

She nodded numbly. She stared at me while I packed up everything, my sleeping bag included. She was still sitting in her sleeping bag, half asleep.

"London? Are you even awake?" I laughed, kneeling in front of her.

She squinted at me.

I leaned forward, tilting her chin up before pecking her lips.

She straightened up, blinking her eyes open after that and clearing her throat. "I'm awake now." The sleeves fell past her hands while she grabbed her bag, packing up the blankets and while she did that, I packed up her sleeping bag and then climbed out, putting my shoes on after dusting them and shaking the sand out of them. She followed, doing the same, and then we both packed up the tent, putting it in the second duffle bag. She linked her arm with mine, both of us slowly walking out of the beach, taking small steps.

We both probably looked crazy. Half asleep, hoods pulled over our eyes, multiple bags in our hands. We look like drug dealers who got high at the beach and passed out.

"Do you want to stop by Black Marina for breakfast?" I offered.

"I should get home," she replied, "I told Dad I'd be there, I have to check on his meds too."

I nodded in understanding as we neared our houses. We stopped in front of her house, turning to each other.

She took one look around before going on her toes, pouting. I smiled, leaning down and kissing her.

"Wow, di nuovo?" Wow, again? Shit. Nonna.

We both pulled away and London covered her face behind a hand while I turned around and saw my grandparents coming out of the car. Mom must have stayed home and gotten the house ready for them while Dad went to pick them up.

"Your grandma probably thinks the worst of me in these kinds of situations," London mumbled.

"Ciao!" Nonno grinned, climbing out of the car and walking over with Nonna, both of them pulling me into tight hugs one at a time.