18| Shopping

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Shopping

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 18: Shopping (Ronan's POV)

Sunday was the same as every day. I know London doesn't work on Sundays and she didn't stop by either, so I didn't get to see her. I thought of dropping by her place but I remembered that usually, she spends her Sundays with her Dad so I didn't interfere. The wound has been hurting like a bitch but I've been trying my best to ignore the pain and right now, on a Monday afternoon, I'm walking to her store to first, check on her, then to check on my books, and then to steal her away for her lunch break. That's the plan. 

I walked in, the few people lingering around turning to me as the door opened. I walked over to her table but found it empty. I took a look around and waited for a couple of minutes until she came up from downstairs, carrying a box while Dylan followed her. 

She nodded while talking to him, it looked like she was explaining something. She finally spotted but continued talking to Dylan until she made it over to the table. They set the boxes down and Dylan left, eyeing me warily. 

"Hi," I said. 

She grabbed a box cutter. "Hi," she replied, sitting on the floor and cutting both boxes open, starting to take out the books and arrange them alphabetically. I walked around the counter, standing there and watching her. "What can I do for you, Ronan?" she asked, glancing at me. 

"Are you busy?" 

"A little," she nodded. 

"Free for lunch?" 

"Maybe, why?" 

"I thought we could eat together. Plus, I want you to come with me." 

"For what?" she asked before humming the alphabet to herself to figure out which letter came next before putting the book down in a new pile. 

I watched in amusement, a smile tugging at my lips. "I'm going shopping to buy something for my grandparents." 

"Didn't your parents do that already?" She frowned in confusion. 

"Yeah, but I'm seeing my grandparents after nearly four years. If I don't buy something for them out of my own pocket, I'll get a slap to the face by Nonna," I chuckled. 

She glanced up at me. "How long do you need me for?" 

I shrugged. "An hour? Or two." 

She sighed, looking around for Dylan. 

"Or three," I added. 

She sent me a pointed look. "Two hours, max." 

"Fine." 

"Give me ten minutes." She put down the last book before grabbing a notepad and a pen and making the list before calling for Dylan. 

He came over, eyeing me with disdain again. He crouched down in front of London while she remained seated on the floor. He listened while she explained the list to him, pointing towards some of the shelves.