Ch 17. Eleventh

Taehyung didn't realize how long they had stood there, the sky falling deeper into darkness outside as the hallway only had quietened more. He was glad - relieved everyone was sleeping and the hallways was all to their own breathing in the quietness

And when he felt the hold that felt warmer than the jacket around his waist slowly retreat,

He remembered how long ago he had seen Jungkooks face up so close.

His voice is stronger to the small boy who's voice sounded so much more mature to him by the years they were friends.

And his presence feels so heavy, an overwhelming force that he didn't know he would be able not to be able to stare into his sharp gaze more than intended.

Jungkook is, a man and no longer a child. No longer small and just a cup bit of older than him as he held his hand with his small fingers. His gaze is sharp. And his height has grown taller until he could now see him eye to eye. The child Jungkook isn't there anymore, the one who stares at him with such innocent eyes.

He's tall now with defined features, he is a man.

He is the complete opposite of the child he knew, the one who meant everything to him in every way. With the ability to take his crumbled fingers in his, and make everything. In that moment feel like he was completely- and utterly okay.

And when Jungkook backed away now, his gaze still on his- he couldn't stagger himself from remembering every time he wasn't able to look him in the eye.

"It's late.."

Because the first time he felt his heart beat the way he felt it strangling his cheat in such a vulnerable way, was only when he had just turned out the candle lights from his 11th birthday days before.

And he didn't understand at that time, still didn't understand. Why he could feel himself lose himself in his own body whenever he could almost feel the end of the other's breath against him

Taehyung gulps, and he opens his mouth to say something.

But he remembered once again he's not capable of using his own words anymore. But even if he could, he felt his words were numb, lost as he could feel the other's warm breath so close to his own.

And his face, under the dimmed lights - and his mind is vacant, so instead, he nods his head slowly.  To answer, to Jungkooks unresponsable commentary about how late it was.

But even if the dark haired said that it was late he didn't seem to move, his rough fingers still digging around the end of his waist

And then he could feel his steps only being closer, his back once again faltering between why the wall was so hard against his back. And why Jungkooks gaze on him didn't break, the momentary hesitation in his gaze as he staggered his eyes from his gaze, before he could feel them tracing down to his lips

And he gulps, It's only a momentary and Jungkooks eyes can see it clearly. And before the day could go and be any later, Jungkook slowly reaches over and runs his thumb over Taehyung's bottom lip

"You should probably head back to the dorm.."

Jungkook lowered out - almost whispered as Taehyung feels all the air knocked out of him and every nerve sparking sensitive to Jungkook's touch on his lip. And he was going to answer, to nod. But when he did, he felt like didn't know what he was nodding to.

Because even of he tried focusing on the words ending the other's tongue, he couldn't spark himself to the thought with the thumb that had slowly traced.

Jungkook moves his thumb from Taehyung's lip to under his chin when the other had nodded so slowly, his fingers tilting the blonde's face up, so their breathes felt so aligned.

And Taehyung realized under that moment as he holds his breath as if he's afraid that if he let it out everything would slowly crash again. That when his gaze met Jungkooks, he had never in the years he had known him ever gotten to see that kind of gaze. As he looked into those dark ones he forgets for a moment how one could be able to breathe in the way their own were so close.

And then he could feel the other's lips crash into his. And every - nerve. Every single one in his body felt like it had frozen

As the gentle touch against his lips didn't feel like anything he had ever felt before. Maybe because it was his first kiss, but even so he couldn't help think it was because it was Jungkook.

That it was Jungkooks lips that deepened against his, their warm breathes intertwined in the most natural way as they had slowly traced along each other, and they didn't find them to be close enough. As the dark haired only seemed to push him further into the wall then they already were.

The force pulling them together and Jungkook shoots a hand down to his waist just in time to hold Taehyung up from crashing completely to the wall.

His lips pulling the other's lips deeper into his when he felt the blonde's arms fall over his neck.

At eleven years old, Taehyung learned
what love felt like. That love was what made his heart start beating with every second he could feel his air knocked out by the way a person talks, by a way a person is so close. And just by the way Jungkook completely can break  every bone in his body and he would still feel his heart be the one to beat for him

But at 16 years old, Jungkook wishes that he had never hurt Taehyung.

A/N
IMPORTANT: Taehyung and Jungkook aren't 16, what I meant is that Jungkook did smth at 16. Their ages now are
Kook: 19
Tae: 18
Basically around the same age almost