Ch 36. Trouble

The night is cold, growing against his skin as they walked back to the dorms.
And there's an aching adrenaline coursing through his body.

Because the cold became crushed by the warmness. Perhaps by Jungkook's jacket that he had draped around the blonde before they had left the treehouse. Or; because of Jungkook's hand holding his

Jungkook was holding his hand

And he had been holding it all the way, through the bus and through the live streets. The light pressure on his cold fingers, that turned into warm and daring hold on his own. that feels too much.

Taehyung wants to hold his hand a while longer

He slowly turned his head towards Jungkook's direction. once they had let their body's inside the temperature raising entry of the dorms.

But Jungkook looked before them, gaze growing darker and Taehyung follows his eyes down the hall confused

And the burning sensation starts from the pit of his stomach. It twists and it crashes him to fast, and just like that, all the fullness and warmth he's felt up until now is pulled right into his skin. When his corrupted eyes rested upon the guy down the hall.

His light hair cracked upon his skull, and a cigarette glowing between his fingers. His eyes set on them.

It was the same guy that had pushed him up against the locker that day.

But he doesn't have time to fully comprehend himself when Jungkook gaze had grown darker, not leaving the guy.

He doesn't look back at Taehyung, body tense and jaw tight. But Taehyung still looked down when he felt his hand being squeezed tighter between Jungkook's fingers.

Before he slowly felt his other hand came up at the small of his back before he was lightly shoved behind Jungkook. His body shielded in front of him

"Let's get you back inside"

His words are strong, cut through the air so harshly. And Taehyung knows Jungkook's upset. By the guy who had showed up down the hall. And it scares him that he maybe will do something that will put Jungkook in danger

He slowly squeezed lightly into Jungkook's hand when he started to
walk him up to Taehyung's dorm.

And he releases his hand and there's trepidation in the way that he stands. A certain harsh in his features when he's eyes faltered back to the guy. And he waits, Until Taehyung walks back inside the dorm.

But Taehyung doesn't. To afraid to, doesn't want to let go of Jungkook's hand. Missing the fluttered warmness around his skin and missed not feeling as uneasy when he stood by the doorway to his own dorm.

The floor underneath him shifts again. His eyes sink in anxious building through him. He was scared, didn't want Jungkook to leave. Afraid he would do something as he only seemed to grow impulsive by minute

So Taehyung slowly got out his hand instead, after seconds of his own fingers scribbling on his note. And he slowly turned it towards Jungkook, his hand reaching to let it hold into Jungkook's tensed hand again. Cheeks growing pink

Don't do anything please?

Jungkook's eyes set on the written words, before they shifting to Taehyung worried gaze. The blonde's expression is turned, lips buried between his teeth and eyebrows slightly treaded.

And his hand slowly brush against Jungkook's, slow touches as if he's afraid that Jungkook will disappear if he does it in the wrong way

And Jungkook's eyes him warily, gently

Before he once again, is caught off guard when Jungkook moves forward and snake an arm just around the small of his waist.

Before his body moves closer, until Taehyung's beating chest corrupted when his flushed skin was met with Jungkook's lips against his cheek.

"Get some sleep beautiful"

It lingered, a while to long and to short. Not realizing how he was struggling to keep eye contact with Jungkook when he pulled away, by the way the simplest touch and words of Jungkook made his body grow crazy.

Not realizing Jungkook didn't want to let go off his hand.

"I see you've got your eyes on that new pretty boy"

Kyong's voice filled the quiet hall, just when Jungkook walks by him after dropping Taehyung off at his door. And his hands tightens in his pocket's. Trying to hold the composure he had built up.

Thinks of Taehyung's words.

"He is new isn't he? But you know I have a feeling I have heard about him before. Well, you wouldn't mind sharing would yo-"

Before Kyung could even finish his sentence, all but burning temper and anger Jungkook tried to keep closed takes over him when his fist collided into his former friend's jaw.

Jeongguk's blood grows hot and he fists the other's collar between his clenched hand's. A low grunt leaving Kyungs lips when his body was pushed harshly against the wall

And Jungkook takes the cigarette straddled between the other's fingers.

"Don't push me on this Kyung, or I swear to fucking god i'm going to burn every inch of you with my bare hands if you ever so in touch him"

Jungkook warns. His jaw set and Kyung distressed eyes slowly follows his cigarette between Jungkook's fingers, unconsciously flinching when he crushed the burning end just next to the edge of his ear. Crumbling heat against the wall.

And he tries to keep up his posture.

"Oh Jungkook you can't do that, you already know that every single one in this school is going to be on my side if you do that"

Kyung almost halted out, between his composing hammers. A slight growing smirk corrupting his lips

But it only fell when he felt the burning tip slightly brush closer to the skin on his ear.

He tried to tell the dark haired the truth of what will happen if Jungkook takes the step to hurt him.

A truth about the danger of Jungkook losing everyone's trust over the year he had built. Because Kyung owned it, owned the school and owned the people's trust from the very beginning

Just because Jungkook came along, and swayed everyone by his tremendously good looks doesn't falter the fact he was the one who could make him lose all their trust in Jungkook.

But Jungkooks eyes only darkening under the dimmed lights. Kyung gulping a shaked breath the closer he felt the flaming heat growing against his ear. Collar tightened between Jungkook's fists and sharp voice

"Like I give a shit about everyone else. You know damn well I will always choose him over anything and anyone"

.