Ch 32. Jealous

7 Years ago

Eleven, he was eleven now and the breeze seemed to caught them both up.

"Kook?"

Taehyung tried as he sat before the other, who's eyes traced to his crossed hands. He didn't look at Taehyung, a frown visible in his young features.

Jeon Jungkook is twelve years old. with small hands and eyes of the stars, a small boy with a lot of words and hidden times of emotions. In all of his prepubescent highness, Taehyung sits tilted over in front of the angered boy.

"Why are you mad at me?"

His voice is soft as if he's afraid of letting them caught up. And he glances at Jungkook, eyes sinking the more Jungkook won't spare him a glance, arms crossing further, frown deepening along with his feelings

But Taehyungs ears perk up when he watched the way the boy finally opened his mouth.

"Go and play with your new bitchy friend instead"

Jungkook recoils, and Taehyung visibly gasp. More at the bad word.

"Bitchy is a bad word! He isn't bitchy!"

Taehyung peeks his voice, almost yelling at the boy as a scowl had drained his own face now. Part from the way Jungkooks own frown had grew.

And he now turned his head, looking at Taehyung. With his meaner look.

"He is!"

"You also have bitchy friends! Why can't I have a bitchy friend too!"

The dreaded mumbles had turned into screaming crept words to each other. And "Bitchy" seemed to be the new hot topic for the two boys. Who's rage build up in their small hearts

And for some reason, Taehyungs clueless expression only serves to piss off Jungkook more.

"I don't hang out with them as much as you hang out with your bitchy friend!"

Jungkook almost spat out, treaded brows knitted together as they stared only daggers to each other's souls. Clamping voices and tightening arms.

Jungkook isn't careful with his words, says them recklessly without any thought of consequences. And he realizes when he watched the way Taehyung suddenly blurt out all his angered features.

"That's because you started to get new bitchy friends! And I-"

Taehyung stumbled in his own words. Shoulders sinking into his skin over as he clenches his small fists tightly. His words caught up by the way he started to draw chews at his bottom lip and averted his gaze to his legs.

"And you what!"

"..I just wanted to play with you again"

Taehyung almost crumples. Words hunched into a small mumble as his pained eyes dug itself into his beating chest. And Jungkook realizes, against the harsh winds, the numb air turning warm, he knows that he'd said too much. Instant guilt coursing through his veins.

Folded even further by Taehyung's silence, Jungkook slowly let out a small pained sigh. His hand taking a hold of Taehyung's in his

"I'm sorry.. I also wanted you to be with me more than him.."

He mumbled out, a hint of grasped annoyance for Taehyungs new friend still lingered as he squeezed Taehyung hand lightly.

But still Taehyung is utterly silent and he refuses to look at Jungkook . Eyes staying on his legs as he tried, mot to squeeze Jungkooks hand back. Even if he's heart was rapidly hammering agains his ribcage.

Jungkook let out another low sigh, eyes rested on their small holding hands

"Should we make our promise again?"

Jungkook had told after the minutes of silence could go any further. Even though he could sit in silence with Taehyung for hours, and still would choose it over everything else

Taehyungs attention peeks out upon his words, his pursed lips and, groggy and doed eyes slowly looking up at the boy again. A hope in his parted lips.

"Really?.."

Taehyung asked, voice so small against his grimmed throat. And they look at each other, eyes that could stare until the world would crumble at their feet

And they smile lightly,  forgetting the hurting hearts as Jungkook slowly took Taehyung's other hand between his clutching fingers. A promise they had done since their first steps had taken the world.

And Jungkook reached his head down, Taehyung feeling his cheeks grow redder than ever before as he felt the small peck on each of his hands, warmness corrupting his fingers as he didn't remember being as shy

Jungkook looks up when he's done, lips curled into a smile as he waited for Taehyungs turn of the promise.

And the younger did, slowly pecking Jungkooks hands as well. Flushing cheeks as warmed curled lips matched Jungkooks when their eyes interlocked again. Sneering grins

"I promise we will always stay together"

They exclaimed in grain happiness, draining grins growing more as their squeezing in their hands tightened.

We promised