*Chapter 1*

Tinnuel Cúgeredis was weaving her long chocolate brown hair into a fishtail braid, when suddenly, a voice called out to her from out side.

" Oh Tinnuel the Valiant!" A voice called out playfully "are you ready yet?"

On hearing the voice, the brown haired elleth peered outside of her window to see a black haired ellon (male elf) and a pale-blond haired elleth standing in front of her house.

"Oh look, it's Thalion the Foul and Líriel the Gentle" She teased with a smile

"The Foul? I think 'Thalion the Fair' is more suitable" Thalion responded with a grin "don't you think, Líriel?"

"I think 'Foul' suit you better, Thalion" Líriel smiled as she ruffles Thalion's raven black hair.

Tinnuel let out a soft laugh and turned around to fetch her bow and arrows so she could meet her friends outside. Upon going downstairs, the brown haired elf found her beautiful mother sitting and reading a worn out book on the kitchen table. Approaching her mother, the Silvan Elf pressed a kiss onto the black haired elleth's fair cheek.

"I am leaving now, Nana" Tinnuel smiled

The older elleth raised her head and turned it towards her daughter.

"Ok, my Little Rabbit" She smiled sweetly as she pressed a kiss onto her beloved daughter's cheek " just don't wander to far"

"I won't "Tinnuel smiled as she walked out the front door to join her friends

With that, the trio ventured out into the beautiful forest of Mirkwood. As they travelled deeper through the woods, Líriel had spotted something lying on the ground in the distance.

"Look over there!" She pointed

On hearing their friend's call, Tinnuel and Thalion turned around to face Líriel.

"What is it, Mellon?" Thalion asked

"There is something lying on the ground in the distance" Líriel answered "I think it is an injured animal".

Upon hearing that, Thalion and Tinnuel walked over to where Líriel was pointing at. To their suprise, it was not an injured animal, but a mutilated deer lying upon the lush green grass that was now stained red with it's blood.

Tinnuel's green eyes widened at the horrifying sight of the deer, Thalion knelt down and observed the dead deer.

"These are not wolf bites..." Thalion said as his grey eyes scanned the deer

"Then what type of bites are they?" Tinnuel inquired

"I do not kno-" Thanlion responded only to be cut off by Líriel's scream

The two elves immediately got their bows ready and ran over to where Líriel was, only to see their friend being wrestled down by an orc. Tinnuel quickly notched her arrow onto her bowstring and shot it right into the orcs head.

"Thank you..." Líriel said as she pushed the dead orc off her

Tinnuel smiled at Líriel, then turned her head to the left and looked afar. Suddenly, the young elleth could hear a bunch of footsteps in the distance.

"We have to leave" The she-elf stated

Yet Tinnuel was too late, for before the trio could leave, about thirty orcs appeared out of the bushes.

" Run!" Thalion cried

On hearing that, the three elves ran out of that area and deep into the woods. Though they had fled in good time, the orcs had still managed somewhat to catch up to them.

"We are going to get killed at this rate!"Thalion cried

Tinnuel looked behind her to see how far they were from the orcs. The elleth was relieved to see that they were somewhat far away, bet she knew that the otcs would soon catch up. After pondering for a moment, Tinnuel made her desicion.

"I will lure them away" Tinnuel stated suddenly

Her friends turned their heads to face Tinnuel, both having expressions mixed with anger and shock.

"You will not do such a thing!" They told her "for you are far too young to enter the Halls of Mandos"

"So are you!" Tinnuel retorted "besides, if we keep running like this, we will all die!".

On hearing that, the two elves knew that there will be no point in persuading their friend any further.

"Just... come back safely.." they said quietly

Tinnuel nodded and then looked out infront of her.

"Now flee!" She commanded

Hearing her command, the two elves fled into the trees that loomed over them. On seeing her friends flee, Tinnuel turned to face the orc pack.

"Come and get me Servants of Sauron!" The elleth yelled as she turned back and continued running.

The elleth rab through the forest, dodging the trees that came in her way. After running for a while, the elleth was driven towards a cliff. Tinnuel looked back to see the orcs surround her, but that did not stop her from fighting. Getting her bow ready, the elleth started to shoot the orcs. Yet that did not last long, for her arrows had run out and the orcs kept pushing her closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. Suddenly, Tinnuel heard a crack and the surface under her feet disappeared. The elleth then felt her self falling down the cliff, looking at the foul faces of the orcs.
"No..." Tinnuel thought "I cannot die now.. Valar please.. not now.."

Memories flashed before her eyes, the sweet smile of her Mother and the laughter of her brothers. Tears welled up in her eyes, for she knew that she will never see her loved ones again.

As she hit the rocky surface, everything faded as she was pulled into a warm embrace of darkness.